vw lt31 self build

mariesnowgoose

Doodles works like greased lightning from what I can see.

Can I have some of what you're on, please?

;)

JIsaac

I really enjoy these threads, it's brilliant seeing the vans take shape from bare bones to almost finished (not sure they are ever 100% done, always tinkering:p) so many thanks for taking the time to post.

mariesnowgoose

I really enjoy these threads, it's brilliant seeing the vans take shape from bare bones to almost finished (not sure they are ever 100% done, always tinkering:p) so many thanks for taking the time to post.

I think seeing how different people take a van and turn it into their own camper is amazing. Absolutely love the pictures folks post of their particular van transformation. :)

Minisorella

I agree - it's so exciting watching it all take shape. What a great job you're doing... can't wait to see it at the October meet :cool1:

Doodles

I agree - it's so exciting watching it all take shape. What a great job you're doing... can't wait to see it at the October meet :cool1:

Will be our first time out in it so need to crack on with it.As long as bed and some sort of heating in it will have to make do as we dont have anything else now :)

Firefox

Heating! Whats that?!?!? :eek:

Yes, I still haven't got heating in mine apart from a small electric fan heater and the boil a kettle or grillpan dodge. Also can run the engine in emergencies. I've survived 3 years so far inc temps of -20! I promised myself I'd fit a gas blower this summer but haven't got round to it yet.

Great progress on the van BTW, Doodles. Look forward to seeing it in October. If you want any help with electrics then, I'll always be willing to lend a hand or (possibly confuse you further!)

Doodles

I was going to put a carver 1800 gas heater into it i had got it free from helping someone moving but thing didnt work :( so the new plan is to put one of these in

MOBILE MINI RADIANT PORTABLE GAS HEATER LPG GAS FIRE - HOLDS 7KL BOTTLE | eBay

There is the perfect spot for it and going to modify it to run from gas in the rear of the van that way i can remove the wheels and fix it permanently :)

Ems i thought you had heating in your van lol.
Vern thanks for the offer will be good to see you at the meet maybe i can learn all the words of stairway this time :lol-049:

mariesnowgoose

That looks like a neat little gas heater and not too expensive.

You're pretty nifty at this van conversion lark, Mr Doodles.
Can you pass your particular contagion over to Neil when you meet him? lol ;)

Doodleswife

i have finally got my sewing kit out and made a start on some temporary curtains for Rosie today. they are nothing exciting just plain boring cream but they will do the job until i have found the material i want to make the proper ones.

Doodles

That looks like a neat little gas heater and not too expensive.

You're pretty nifty at this van conversion lark, Mr Doodles.
Can you pass your particular contagion over to Neil when you meet him? lol ;)

Milli can do it :lol-053:

coolasluck

Nice one doodles,i have a coach that i am reconverting at the moment and i have to say it is really good fun as it seems like you are finding out.Alas i have employment so dont have all the time that i would like to spend on it,do you have to work or are you getting the most out of the day?
I am gearing up for fulltiming.It is a case of make it up as you go along really,the vision is in my head which so far is working out ok.I am trying to concentrate on one thing at a time so as to not confuse myself.Are you finding the same?

Doodles

Nice one doodles,i have a coach that i am reconverting at the moment and i have to say it is really good fun as it seems like you are finding out.Alas i have employment so dont have all the time that i would like to spend on it,do you have to work or are you getting the most out of the day?
I am gearing up for fulltiming.It is a case of make it up as you go along really,the vision is in my head which so far is working out ok.I am trying to concentrate on one thing at a time so as to not confuse myself.Are you finding the same?

Self employed allows me to put the time aside plus things are extremely slow at the moment so finding i have more time than i would like.When September hits i know it lol

Doodles

So a new week and only 5 days to have the van usable but cant do any work on it now until Wednesday as busy with other things.Its squeeky bum time as Sir Alex would say :(

n brown

Forum Member
I was going to put a carver 1800 gas heater into it i had got it free from helping someone moving but thing didnt work :( so the new plan is to put one of these in

MOBILE MINI RADIANT PORTABLE GAS HEATER LPG GAS FIRE - HOLDS 7KL BOTTLE | eBay

There is the perfect spot for it and going to modify it to run from gas in the rear of the van that way i can remove the wheels and fix it permanently :)

Ems i thought you had heating in your van lol.
Vern thanks for the offer will be good to see you at the meet maybe i can learn all the words of stairway this time :lol-049:

i,ve done as alan said and cut the front off these things.had one on a cupboard door with a flexi pipe,they normally cut to about 4 inches

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)