vw lt31 self build

Doodles

Well? Is it finished yet? :drive:;)

I wish lol should be really getting there end of the week weather permitting :( have 2 stud wall frames made and ready to go on for the shower/loo will also hold the lpg instant water heater too .Milli is cracking on with the foam and interior as well this week hopefully we have found someone in the town that can supply the foam cheaper.Got electrician coming at weekend to help me with all electrics a friend so hopefully he can teach me some basics while he is here.Gas im looking at quotes at moment i could probably do it myself but safety first and all that.Will put up any pics i take of the weeks work :)

Doodles

So weather is still crap so went to get the foam for bed.We went for 4 inch thick for extra comfort and got the same stuff used by a local guy who makes rock'n'roll beds.As you can see it doesnt have the support underneath yet so dropping in the middle but you get the jist of it.Will cut middle section out myself to make other back cushions for the side parts of seats.

View attachment 8542

Ems

Looking good, just catching up on the thread! I got my cupboard from IKEA, base units are cheap, the red doors are expensive! I covered teh white in some cheaper red carbon fibre look vinyl and was pleased with the result, I'll be doing the same in my next van - something bigger next year I hope!

Keep the photos coming, I'll be interested to see how you build the shower/toilet as thats what I want to do in my next van!

Doodles

Looking good, just catching up on the thread! I got my cupboard from IKEA, base units are cheap, the red doors are expensive! I covered teh white in some cheaper red carbon fibre look vinyl and was pleased with the result, I'll be doing the same in my next van - something bigger next year I hope!

Keep the photos coming, I'll be interested to see how you build the shower/toilet as thats what I want to do in my next van!

Hoping to get started on shower/toilet tomorrow weather permitting i will get pics up in afternoon if i get chance :)

mariesnowgoose

Hoping to get started on shower/toilet tomorrow weather permitting i will get pics up in afternoon if i get chance :)

If the weather stays like this no need - just go outside with a bar of soap ;)

Doodles

Ok so the main of shower/toilet in had to put it in two sections for a tight fit.

View attachment 8565 So left half in.
View attachment 8566 Right side in.
View attachment 8567 Joined together.
View attachment 8568 Side view completed.

Will get boarded inside as well and then silicone around the edges etc.So it is a decent size for loo and shower to go in and Milli ok with the size too thank goodness :)

Have also put base of flooring in which will get some pics in a bit this will be covered again with whatever Milli os planning for it lino or carpet tiles or whatever.

gaz2676

nice job so far your really crackin on there mate....... or is someone crackin the whip lol ......and get you with your colour coded fridge...... love it

Doodles

nice job so far your really crackin on there mate....... or is someone crackin the whip lol ......and get you with your colour coded fridge...... love it

The wife lol she beats me if i dont get on with it.Fridge,oven,hob and sink all red :)

gaz2676

man that there s gonna look real trick when finished..... have you a time scale ?

Doodles

View attachment 8599 A quick pic of the flooring so far this will be the base for whatever goes on top ive not fixed it as yet :) Gas bottle is there as i was testing oven and hob which im pleased to say work likke treat and ive also been running water line in too :)

Deleted member 951

A quick pic of the flooring so far this will be the base for whatever goes on top ive not fixed it as yet :) Gas bottle is there as i was testing oven and hob which im pleased to say work likke treat and ive also been running water line in too :)

Nice work Will

AuldTam

Your getting on great mate...I'm no where near as fast as you....a man of hidden talents!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)