vw lt31 self build

mariesnowgoose

Food first, a woman after my own heart!

We all have to eat, who cares if you pong a bit :lol-053::lol-049:

Doodles

Latest work done today :)

View attachment 8221 So sitting area/bed completed using 6mm MDF
View attachment 8222 In the back behind the seats fitted up sliding lockers for storage with hole drilled through to lift up.Will put in eye and hook on each one to hold up when using.

AuldTam

Neat job!

I think it's gonna be a dry weekend hope you get lots more done...:hammer:

Doodleswife

the kitchen stuff should arrive this afternoon so hopefully we can make a start on that:)

Firefox

Looking good.

A back walk through would have been an option but come to think of it my self build has the back blocked in and only storage access from the back doors. Well theoretically I can get into my garage and there is a crawl through door into the living area, but the garage is always full of stuff! The sliding door and two front doors provide sufficient access :)

Doodles

No real progress today but the kitchen and shower room stuff has arrived woohooo delivered the front door :)

Doodles

Fingers crossed will get the frame in for the kitchen today pics to follow if i do.Also gonna take a run out and get a split relay charger as decided not to use the zig unit dont need it with the setup im putting in.Electrics being done weekend before October meet.Also going to be having 12v sockets as well.

mariesnowgoose

I love those red kitchen fittings.

Ems has done a super job on her VW and she's used the colour red in places.

Doodles

I love those red kitchen fittings.

Ems has done a super job on her VW and she's used the colour red in places.

Yeah we saw Ems at Brandon it was definatly an inspiration to get ours done.Milli had been in my ear since seeing Ems to get on it lol. So Ems if you read this thanks (i think lol)

mariesnowgoose

You certainly don't hang about Doodles.
Reckon you'll have it finished by this next weekend.:D

clarkpeacock

Forum Member
Nice looking conversion. Well done

Looks like it is one of the old Amber Valley Community Transport buses from Ripley I used to drive as a volunteer in the mid/late 1990s. I think Erewash CT used the same red/grey colour scheme too. The annoying strips in the floor you removed were for clamping down wheel chairs and seat belts.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing the finished job.

Doodles

Nice looking conversion. Well done

Looks like it is one of the old Amber Valley Community Transport buses from Ripley I used to drive as a volunteer in the mid/late 1990s. I think Erewash CT used the same red/grey colour scheme too. The annoying strips in the floor you removed were for clamping down wheel chairs and seat belts.

Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing the finished job.

It was a day care van for wheel chairs but not an Amber valley one.Will have a look out in a bit as can still see lettering on the side of it.

Doodles

Will be cracking on this week hope to get shower installed this week as well as electrics by end of week :)

kimbowbill

Latest work completed :) weights are all nice and dont seem to have any issues.The granite worktop is 3mm thick round sink and hob with chipboard underneath where sunk deeper for sink and hob (if that makes sense)

View attachment 8331 Frame with kitchen put in to measure
View attachment 8332 Top with hob and sink
View attachment 8333 Hob inset in granite work top 3mm deep
View attachment 8334 Sink inset in the granite worktop

Wow, great job, looks brill, well done

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)