New off Road Camper Trailer

Uncle Ray

now i have the frames up i have just ordered the foam for the bunk beds from Fast-Foam uk 85 mm 33 grade stuff

Uncle Ray

had it out on a run today up to the Dales Ribble head way
normal_My_New_Traile_Build_018%7E0.jpg
normal_My_New_Traile_Build_017.jpg
normal_My_New_Traile_Build_014%7E0.jpg

just wanted to make sure nothing moved

vwalan

looking good . so it will be off to give it a good thrashing soon . its a big world out there. adventure trailers are a growing force.

Uncle Ray

second one on are way to o no cannot remember the name second one just north of Tan Tan on the coast
normal_Morocco%202008%20255.jpg
normal_Morocco%202008%201025.jpg

vwalan

i can feel the sand in my hair . the dry lips and sand down below .dont know how it gets there . can you smell the desert . it doesnt go away . even when you see those snowy mountains its got a smell . nice one not horrible .but good memories . sights you just never forget . every one needs to go .if only once . i just been loking through pics on here . i might need a halfhour under a sun lamp now to make it seem real .ha ha nice pics . View attachment 15309View attachment 15310View attachment 15311
dades gorge,tiz n test , and azrou in the snow .deepest i have seen it there i mean deep. .luckily the roads were aready ploughed .

Uncle Ray

you need to look in my Land Rover i am in it every day just cant get rid of it

vwalan

you can wasah your clothes a few times . drag them out the draw and shake sand out of them . think even the toothpaste seems toi get sand in it . but we love it .
but looking at the pics makes hair twitch .do you get the same .
lifting water in a old plastic bottle from a well in the desert is tastier than a pint of beer here sometimes . makes you think differently now i bet.

sean rua

Some excellent pictures there!

Btw, was the well water good for drinking without treatment?

sean rua.

vwalan

yes its sweet ,clear and you just take a little drop the bottle back in for the next person . slide the cover back on . cut some more palms down , one branch to leave to dry out .and use some thats been left for you .
strangely enough the arabs and desert people will share anything they have with you . specially water and food . you can always get water and a meal in a desert place . they would share their last cup of water and the last bit of bread with you . incredible .
some are only like bore hole . they are marked on a good map . not far from the old oil drums or tyres piled up as your marker for crossing the desert . no signs just piles of old tyres or oil drums . it works .
when standing by one pile you can just make out the next one .

Uncle Ray

Some excellent pictures there!

Btw, was the well water good for drinking without treatment?

sean rua.
Don't know never tried the water always had plenty of bottled water but i do have things to make it drinkable

vwalan

always drank the local water almost every where . i do have a british berkefeld filter system .if its bad . but usually drink the same as the locals . might buy one container of bottled as a back up for emergency. View attachment 15330View attachment 15331View attachment 15332.heres awell on the way to tafroute . another near View attachment 15333tata and another near tafilalt . we stopped a week by this one had a great time .animals come trucks stop buses all had a good natter another near volubis the famous roman city.

Uncle Ray

bit more done cut up a Fox Wing side panel and started the new end bits for the trailer
normal_New_Trailer_Build_042.jpg
this is the Fox wing for those that dont know
normal_New_Trailer_Build_033.jpg

yes they came in the night
normal_Morocco%202008%20143.jpg
normal_Morocco%202008%20132.jpg
My%20New%20Traile%20Build%20020~0.jpg

sorry about the first on that's the new oven

Last edited:

vwalan

cant beat having your own sewing machine . i have a singer 201k. done some work .canvas .vinyl etc . just wish my fingers werent so fat. ha ha .
but nice work .View attachment 15410
mind the locals do bring their toys for you to play with .hee hee

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)