New off Road Camper Trailer

Deleted member 951

I've just sold my Columbus roof tent, it would have been ideal on top of one of these trailers.

Uncle Ray

Yes i have put the bars on the roof as i also have a Autohome Maggiolina if i need to put it on

Uncle Ray

Looking at the internal aluminium "framing". Wondered if it being 5mm it would provide it's own structural integrity without framing but if using a roof tent I suppose roof flex would have ensued. Any calculations done or was it over engineered as best you can within a weight limit?
I use this site as a source of ideas and themes for a website I moderate (Hopefully I contribute back). I'm merely a holidaying, weekending trailer tent user but one of our correspondents has a Sankey project on the go at the moment.
He started off with a Sankey trailer and an old Dandy. I think the original intent was just to drop the de-wheeled Dandy upon the Sankey subframe but the subframe wasn't wide enough so:

View attachment 13561 Became View attachment 13562View attachment 13563View attachment 13564View attachment 13565

And this also morphed.

View attachment 13566View attachment 13567View attachment 13568View attachment 13569View attachment 13570

Apparently it will be it will be getting attached to a Disco and be used for viewing rallies.
If you're interested I'll post more pictures as it all comes together.
yes put some photos on when it is done

Uncle Ray

i like, was going to do a tear drop myself but i have all this 5/6 mm ally so i am building this one may do one later yes i like roof tents to
normal_Morocco%202008%20132.jpg
normal_Lifting_the_vale_and_next_doors_cat_005.jpg

these are my roof tents

Last edited:

mark61

Forum Member
Slept very well in roof tent. Loved it while camping, couldn't live with the drop in MPG at anything over 60MPH + it got knocked off on a branch, lol.
Went back to ground tent and a Thermarest. :)

Uncle Ray

also use this a lot in the winter
normal_laks_week_end_007.jpg
normal_laks%20week%20end%20014.jpg

nice and warm at -15and colder

Deleted member 951

I've had my eye on a Tipi or Lavvu for a while now, I've looked at the ones by Tentipi and Bison and they really are the business. What make is the one pictured?

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Ray

Of to Spain in the morning for 4 days then of to try out the trailer for a for a few days then up the west coast of Scotland for a week when back i will know what i want inside then i can get it done.:dance:

bru

heres my offroad teardrop

built it last summer on old sanky trailer ,very comfy to sleep in , having a long weekend in it over next bank holiday

Uncle Ray

normal_New_Trailer_Build_039.jpg
normal_New_Trailer_Build_033.jpg

Had a week end away at Tamarack open week end just to see what i still need and things of up west coast of Scotland tomorow for a week as well so when i return i get on with final bits

AuldTam

Very inspiring thread...my imagination is running wild at the moment...:idea:

Keep the pic's coming...

Uncle Ray

normal_Tamarack_Scotland_003.jpg
normal_Tamarack_Scotland_034.jpg

Just been up Scotland for a week to try it out now i know what i want inside and a few other bit's out sid to do

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)