Violating a Princess!

MarkJ

Forum Member
I'm just in the process of changing our washroom sink for one a bit bigger. The old one looked great, but it was just a nats too small: toothpastey water everywhere.....

Bit annoying, but not too bad in the scheme of things. Just got to hang a cupboard the other way, replace the sink, reroute the plumbing, move a little shelf, cover some holes and wonder how the bike is going to fit in the garage with the sink waste in a different place. Keep me busy I guess.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Just remember a shower/toilet room should be like a man’s kitchen. A central drain and all the cupboards sealed. When you have finished cooking, it can just be pressure washed ;)

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Whilst attempting to tidy the workshop I thought I'd evict Betty's lithium batteries.
So I got distracted and put them in a box.
I then got to thinking they really need charging, so roughly connected them up.
Solar panels now getting a good workout.
I wonder how I'll know if they are charged?

IMG_0910[1].JPG

wildebus

Forum Member
is that a Bluetooth equipped BMS with a phone App?
you can put a Meter on each cell of course and check the voltage of each cell. When a lithium cell is charged it takes no more current so when the charger/controller (think you are using a Victron with BT?) goes down to zero current, that is the bank done.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I was hoping that David. I don’t know if the Multiplus or the mppt’s are in control of the charging. The voltage hasn’t risen much, but about 2.4kw’s have gone in so far.

I finally managed to get the ground relay working and have 0 volts on neutral though still a couple of volts leakage to ground. So unable to pull any mains current due to the RCD’s tripping.

wildebus

Forum Member
I was hoping that David. I don’t know if the Multiplus or the mppt’s are in control of the charging. The voltage hasn’t risen much, but about 2.4kw’s have gone in so far.

I finally managed to get the ground relay working and have 0 volts on neutral though still a couple of volts leakage to ground. So unable to pull any mains current due to the RCD’s tripping.
With Lithium you don't see much rise. The voltage has only a very slight rise from around 20% SOC all the way to nearly full.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Fully charged now and floating at 27 volts. It will be interesting to see how they power the fridge and more so the calorifier. Lots more work to do before I’m at that stage.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Time to admit a mistake. The reason for my tripping twin MCB was due to the fact it was rated at 1 amp! I don't know what is worse, not noticing it's rating or buying it it the first place. :(

wildebus

Forum Member
Time to admit a mistake. The reason for my tripping twin MCB was due to the fact it was rated at 1 amp! I don't know what is worse, not noticing it's rating or buying it it the first place. :(
A pretty rare item there I would think, a 1A MCB (especially a DP one).
I don't know if I can compete with major online sellers postage costs but I have a few DP MCBs kicking around if you are after one.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Thanks Dave, for now I've just put a couple 6 amp ones in. First test was a vacuum cleaner followed by some power tools cutting panels for the shower room. I managed to take the batteries down to 98.5% So it looks like it was a good choice with the batteries.

wildebus

Forum Member
I had a bit of a surprise today.... looking at a Hymer Motorhome today for some upgrades and that was fitted with a single 10A mains breaker.
It was a DP device but not even an RCD - van was 20 years but still surprising for a premium brand product.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I'm sure that when the 1977 Merc 608 was converted around 1980 that had a RCD fitted. No leisure batteries or even an inverter. I'm not even sure what it was used for? It wasn't mine at the time.
It is interesting to see what was considered acceptable such a short time ago.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
With the weather deteriorating, I'm hoping to make more progress with this soon. I have been using the electrics as a power supply though. Who needs a jackass box? The locals have started using it as a free fuel supply again, so the alarm system needs fitting too.

BTW it will be a Motorhome, not Van.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I still keep looking at it. If someone buys Murky building will become frantic as we've booked a trip to the Netherlands.