LPG vs Diesel heaters for winter travel Pros & cons

Squiffy

Forum Member
My NEAREST LPG filling place is around 20 miles away and I think I paid around 78p/Litre!

I fill the tank of my Diesel Heater for under 50p/litre
Blimey Dave who ever is paying 78p a ltr is being totally ripped off, even Morrisons is only 55p a ltr. Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
Paid 79p here just the other day for LPG near Ringwood.
I'm still only paying 53p a ltr at Cardiff gas in Barry South Wales, even Morrisons in Barry is only 57p a ltr. I'll ask my son how much he's paying in Burgess Hill in Sussex. I can only think that you in the south are definitely being ripped off. Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
I'm still only paying 53p a ltr at Cardiff gas in Barry South Wales, even Morrisons in Barry is only 57p a ltr. I'll ask my son how much he's paying in Burgess Hill in Sussex. I can only think that you in the south are definitely being ripped off. Phil
My 78p/L price was in Northumberland ;)

PS. South Wales not in the south??

Nabsim

Forum Member
In winter type of gas appliances fitted can make a massive difference on how frequently you need to fill up with gas/swap bottles. I can sit for weeks running my diesel Eberspacher when I have seen Charlie going for gas every few days. Location/availability of gas becomes a big factor then also.

To me the ideal would be to have both gas and diesel to reduce the risk of being caught out. I have been running the Eberspacher ever since I bought my van with it fitted and in 3 years it has never needed any maintenance or had and problems apart from a 12v live failing that was easily fixed and nothing to do with type of fuel.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)