John Guest ?

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I do get a little upset knowing that I have to run of over a litre of water before the shower is safe to enter. I guess I should take a bucket with me to save it.

Squiffy

Forum Member
I've got to say that my wife and I have travelled all over Europe for the past 25 years and we have never worried about running out of water, water is available in a multitude of places around the continent ( Not so much in the UK I admit) but non the less water in the UK is available if you know where to look ( Church yards for one). I use the standard 12mm semi ridgid and we shower ( Separately) at least every 2-3 days and have never run out of water, yes we shower quickly even wash our hair, no you can't stand in the shower as at home for 15mins but that is not necessary when on tour. We in our present van run a Truma 4 and in the main shower with hot water unless the weather is so hot that a relief of a cold shower is called for, so in affect I'm suggesting that unless you have a water storage tank of less than 70Ltrs all this talk of wasted water is a little over worrying. If you are only carrying a 30-50ltr tank having a shower room is a bad decision in the first instance, to me a 90-120ltr tank is a must if you intend to have a shower room. Phil

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I'm up to 400 litres, but space isn't easy to find. Because the tank is going to be bolted to the chassis I might have to build some structure inside it.
It end up being hung in a single plane with the weight badly unbalanced. :(
Water tank.JPG

Squiffy

Forum Member
I'm up to 400 litres, but space isn't easy to find. Because the tank is going to be bolted to the chassis I might have to build some structure inside it.
It end up

I'm guessing that you are aware that 1ltr = 1kg that's an awesome amount of weight to be carrying around plus the weight of the tank ? 🤔. Phil

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
The face you are looking at is in front of the rear wheels. The notch is for the front of the leaf spring if it had them (air suspension on the back)
So the top face on the right hand side is the face that bolts to the chassis. I expect I'll make that in 5mm stainless and extend it to the bottom of the tank.
The body is fully rubber mounted so I can't support it from the left hand side.
This just playing at the moment in the space removing the spare wheel carrier left.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)