John Guest ?

The problem I have with any larger size tube is the actual capacity of water it holds.

It doesn't matter so much with the cold water pipes but when it comes to the hot water supply, it stands to reason that larger diameter pipe waste so much water when you turn on the tap and have to wait for the hot stuff to arrive at it!
For this very reason I fitted 10mm pipe throughout which the Surflo pump works with very well indeed with lots of pressure and more than adequate flow at the tap.

Phil

The solid red and blue 12mm plastic pipe widely sold for caravan / campervan water seems to be the same stuff (nylon?) as industrial air hose.
Thats what i thought but maybe chems used in construction are not same,who knows.

The problem I have with any larger size tube is the actual capacity of water it holds.

It doesn't matter so much with the cold water pipes but when it comes to the hot water supply, it stands to reason that larger diameter pipe waste so much water when you turn on the tap and have to wait for the hot stuff to arrive at it!
For this very reason I fitted 10mm pipe throughout which the Surflo pump works with very well indeed with lots of pressure and more than adequate flow at the tap.

Phil
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phil, before I go get GJ piping & fittings can you tell me if 10mm is sufficient to give a good flow to the taps (kitchen & shower) using a Shurflo pump in my van?
Vic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phil, before I go get GJ piping & fittings can you tell me if 10mm is sufficient to give a good flow to the taps (kitchen & shower) using a Shurflo pump in my van?
Vic
Hiya Vic; yes I can assure you that just as long as you have a decent pump such as the Shurflo.................. you will get a good powerful flow.

We only on soak/off wash/on rinse shower to save water and the power of flow at the shower head is way more than adequate, in fact neither of us ever have the tap fully turned on.
At the kitchen sink where in our case we have a domestic kitchen tap (bought in B&Q) fitted there is adequate pressure but not the kind of pressure which results in water splashing everywhere.

I suppose the big question for me would be..................... would you fit the same size of pipe in your next conversion, my answer would be "absolutely"!
The only problem you might have is getting the fitments which will take the 10mm up to the sizes of your taps etc., but this wasn't a problem for me as I simply went along to the professional trade plumbing suppliers Plumb Centre who will no doubt have an outlet just down the road from you.

ATB

Phil

The solid red and blue 12mm plastic pipe widely sold for caravan / campervan water seems to be the same stuff (nylon?) as industrial air hose.
Actually, I've found out that it isn't. The proper John Guest stuff is LLDPE (a type of polythene) which is food safe, etc.

Sorry if anyone was misled :oops: