Diesel Heater On All Night

trevskoda

Forum Member
that is an interesting point.... I think the Kerosene that Rae has does have an optional additive in it? I can't recall for sure, but I think that was included for free as an incentive when I got the tank filled in March.
All 28sec heating oil has it in it, no option, what i do when getting a tank fill is put in two bottles of redex diesel injector cleaner, boiler is as clean as new and now 5 years in service, the jet and swurl plate is clean also.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
As we hope to get away tonight, not far but as we live in Fife there's lots of coastline, I decided, if we were to go out, it would be nice if the heater was quiet so I quickly attached the good silencer back on to the exhaust pipe and then I fitted an extension so it cleared the body.

DSCN0019.JPG

As you can see, clears the body nicely, stuck a quill in the end just so there are no rough edges protruding. This is not the finished job just a make do 'til my new silencer turns up.

DSCN0022.JPG

Rae

Nabsim

Forum Member
I wasn't saying they WERE the same....
Merely that the science bit behind exhaust design is a deep and fascinating science...
I remember a lot of messing with expansion pipes as a youngster. Spent a long time before i just accepted at that time all the research Yamaha were doing on the subject was better than other options my wallet allowed lol

mistericeman

Forum Member
I remember a lot of messing with expansion pipes as a youngster. Spent a long time before i just accepted at that time all the research Yamaha were doing on the subject was better than other options my wallet allowed lol

Same here.... Along with chopping the disc valve on fs1e fizzies till they wouldn't run and random bending of Reed valves/filing ports etc....

All part of a learning curve that kids these days wouldn't have a clue about lol

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
I have owned many 2 strokes back in the day: YDS7, RD250s and a 350; I also even owned a coffin tank. Also a Suzuki 250 Hustler as well as the 500 twin. I only ever rode one bike with expansion pipes, far too noisy and the power band was a nightmare: STD pipes were far more useable for road use. K&N filters, yes.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Same here.... Along with chopping the disc valve on fs1e fizzies till they wouldn't run

All part of a learning curve that kids these days wouldn't have a clue about lol
Rebuilt a few SS/ FS1E engines; even replaced the big end and rod as it came in a kit on one engine. 75cc barrel and piston was the way to go, no need to take the bottom end apart.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Ordered this Thursday, came today: can't grumble, just wish I had a van to bolt it to.

DSCN0026.JPG

Nicely finished; welds look like they've been polished on a lathe.

DSCN0027.JPG

Nice, substantial bracket, looks like a quality bit of welding.

DSCN0028.JPG

Here we have a shot looking right through it, hopefully, this should give me lots of years of service.

DSCN0030.JPG

Rae

Silver sprinter

Forum Member
Ordered this Thursday, came today: can't grumble, just wish I had a van to bolt it to.

View attachment 3296

Nicely finished; welds look like they've been polished on a lathe.

View attachment 3297

Nice, substantial bracket, looks like a quality bit of welding.

View attachment 3298

Here we have a shot looking right through it, hopefully, this should give me lots of years of service.

View attachment 3299

Rae
You like welding, on the tour of my work you passed the same comment

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)