Apart from the sevel vans, are any vans wide enough for a full size bed past the ribs

flares don't stick out as much as wing mirrors. if they protrude 50mm and that is filled with insulation , you still gain the extra width of the wall thickness, 2-4 inches each side. or just don't put wall panelling and insulation where your head and feet need to go , just fix carpet or camping mat to the van skin to stop condensation
I pull my wing mirrors in if needs be, distance then is within the wheelarch width.
Truth is bulges look terrible in my eyes. I'm just trying hard to find a practical
justification for not having them!
Wm. Morris "Have nothing that you do not know to be useful or believe to be
beautiful". That's what he quoted, of a stately home or old nail of a van!

I pull my wing mirrors in if needs be, distance then is within the wheelarch width.
Truth is bulges look terrible in my eyes. I'm just trying hard to find a practical
justification for not having them!
Wm. Morris "Have nothing that you do not know to be useful or believe to be
beautiful". That's what he quoted, of a stately home or old nail of a van!
well i like bulges and believe them to be beautiful [ in case the wife reads this ]
my second option still gives most vans a 6' bed

Each to their own, but I don't really get the attraction of a transverse bed UNLESS it is for a single bed width. You end up saving not that much space and if two people are sleeping it is inconvenient for one of you.
I fitted a standard double (135cm X 190cm) bed in my van with side shelves either side from bed to windows to give extra elbow room, places to put drinks, glasses, books, phones, etc.
Works very well and I don't think I would turn it round if the van was wider.

I originally had a transverse bed, 190cm (6'-3") length. I'm 6'-2". I doubted
that it would suit, and it didn't. But I had a plan B so reverted to that.
Ideally a bed should be at least 6" longer than body length, the head in the
middle of the pillow, not at the edge. So unless you're a shortarse then the
width of currently available panel vans is just not enough, and if it's a short bed
you may have problems when selling on.
Sure, most people can put up with head butting the wall or kipping diagonally
for a week or so, but long term it's a compromise too far,....... 'tis for me.

For info I've just measured my 06 iveco daily. It's 71 inches between the ply lining at bed height. We just slide in a double mattress loong ways. Got plenty of length, about 12 foot to the cab bulkhead.

For us, the difference of around 2&1/2 feet, would reduce the living space just to much.
Our bed is across the van, it’s 6’2” long fits a standard mattress.
Giving us the space we wanted for bathroom wc shower etc.