nissan cabstar camper dvla?

hybridcovers

Forum Member
Looks very good :)

But I have to admit the decals on the side make me think of a Police Incident Vehicle :D
What incident vehicle!!was going to change them anyway😅
20210302_112042.jpg

hybridcovers

Forum Member
I haven't read back through all the old posts but I seem to recall you thinking of you having an access hatch through from the cab, did you do this and has it worked out as you had hoped?

By the way I honestly do believe your truck is the dogs danglies of a conversion!

Phil
Hi Phil, yes there is an crawl throught between cab and pod....with slide out windows when pod is removed. .i Have a flexible rubber bellow between cab and pod which is water tight and works well
20210302_105530.jpg
👍

RV2MAX

Forum Member
hello all , ive had the truck registered as a "specially fitted van"
started fitting out the inside....there will be 2 large double windows with removable glass and a bellow between the cab and pod so we can crawl through to the back/front if needed
So you are PHGV with a ministry plate not class 4 mot ?

wildebus

Forum Member
So you are PHGV with a ministry plate not class 4 mot ?
It is worth bearing in mind that the classification on the V5C Registration Document is not actually connected to the class of MOT it gets tested on - at least in Great Britain (Northern Ireland operates under different rules it would seem).

The requirement for an MOT is that the vehicle gets tested based on how it is presented and the MOT tester is actually not even meant to look at the recorded vehicle classification when doing the test!
Which is why my 4.6t "Van/Side Windows" was tested on a Class 4 basis same as a Ford Fiesta as I presented it as a "Motor Caravan" in that it had a bed, kitchen, etc.

hybridcovers

Forum Member
It is worth bearing in mind that the classification on the V5C Registration Document is not actually connected to the class of MOT it gets tested on - at least in Great Britain (Northern Ireland operates under different rules it would seem).

The requirement for an MOT is that the vehicle gets tested based on how it is presented and the MOT tester is actually not even meant to look at the recorded vehicle classification when doing the test!
Which is why my 4.6t "Van/Side Windows" was tested on a Class 4 basis same as a Ford Fiesta as I presented it as a "Motor Caravan" in that it had a bed, kitchen, etc.
interesting...i didn't know this was the case!! thanks for that info(y)

Tookey

Forum Member
Hello,hope everyone is keeping safe and well,we managed to go away for a few nights in the camper...very enjoyable time in Cornwall ...cycled to bodmin on the camel trail....we had our folding bikes on the roof rack,
Fantastic, you should be very proud. Did you blog your build on any platform? I plan to do a build in 10yrs or so and would like to check it out.

Tookey

Forum Member
hi , sorry no....haven't done a blog ....not yet anyway but will be doing so in the coming months and will put details on here , thanks
Did you have access internally to do your awning fixings, if not how did you mount it on fibreglass?

Tookey

Forum Member
Superb build, love it, a really great overlander/camper hybrid style vehicle. Hope we cross paths as I would love to be nosey!

Do you think you will attend any off the OL Stratford events in the future?

hybridcovers

Forum Member
Hi,sorry not sure on fuel economy...haven't realy monitored this,i will do though when we go to Portugal!no i dont plan on going to any events...but we will be going to Wales and Scotland later in the year....where abouts are you?cheers rob at

Last edited:

Tookey

Forum Member
Hi,sorry not sure on fuel economy...haven't realy monitored this,i will do though when we go to Portugal!no i dont plan on going to any events...but we will be going to Wales and Scotland later in the year....where abouts are you?cheers rob at
Todmorden, W Yorkshire, so not on route but thanks anyway

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)