iveco library bus conversion

voyagerstan

Looking good Trev I'm sure you'll enjoy the end result and wonder why there aren't more library vans done . STAN

Pauljenny

Library Vans

Looking good Trev I'm sure you'll enjoy the end result and wonder why there aren't more library vans done . STAN

You have to be very careful when converting Library vans.

Make sure everything is in line with current regulations.

Otherwise they'll...

...... Wait for it......

Throw the book at you!

vwalan

You have to be very careful when converting Library vans.

Make sure everything is in line with current regulations.

Otherwise they'll...

...... Wait for it......

Throw the book at you!

mind you can read up about what to do before they mark your card .
the other trouble is the vans only come round once a week so you have to get all your tools ready. and if your late they charge you extra .
should have bought a prison truck they come with much better insulation and fittings . they always look after criminals better than general public.
plus you get windows you can be private behind and several nice strong roof vents

jeanette

Hi n.brown would it be possible to see some of your pics of the vans that you have done,love to see the before and after so to speak.;)

n brown

Forum Member
i don't know why ,but i never took any 'before' pics. seemed a bit pointless, just an empty van ,after all! but i must admit,there's a few i did that were already fitted out,but so badly, that i ripped the lot out and started with an empty van anyway. also, i never took many pics ,never thought it might be of interest

jeanette

Never mind I was looking forward to seeing some does that make me a sad person if so I must get out more :cry: It is good that someone can put their own stamp on it and do it the way they want it.

trevskoda

Forum Member

loads coming on market now as folk are using e/books ,they can be bought from £4000 to about £10.000 some low milage 28 footers on ebay and dundeel well up the years.

Last edited:

trevskoda

Forum Member
i don't know why ,but i never took any 'before' pics. seemed a bit pointless, just an empty van ,after all! but i must admit,there's a few i did that were already fitted out,but so badly, that i ripped the lot out and started with an empty van anyway. also, i never took many pics ,never thought it might be of interest

ha ha your just selfish and want to keep all the nice picys to yourself and not share with us plebs,naughty man.

n brown

Forum Member
i put some on not sure if you saw them before, the Scania is the biggest i've done, apart from a couple of double deckers, which i hated working on

listerdiesel

Re the gas tank(s) orientation, the maker's data label and/or an embossed '+' symbol are the top of the body, the fill valve should then lay 30 degrees over to one side.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

Jezport

It looks good. Ive always been tempted into buying a large 7.5ton Library bus and converting it. Space and payload a plenty.

listerdiesel

The bigger/heavier buses are fairly cheap, £3500 or so on ebay and elsewhere.

We went for the Mercedes as we need to tow a 3.5tonne trailer, but apart from that it is still an interesting project and as long as you're not in a huge rush there's lots of scope for some nice layouts:

Merc10.jpg

That has since been modified a little, but gives you the general idea.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)