iveco library bus conversion

trevskoda

Forum Member
i bought this bus with a so called conversion but had to rip here down to the chassis and start again ,so here are a few pics of work so far and hope to compleat soon but she is semi usable now just beds gas and loo plus tanks to sort ,oh and change the back axle as the gearing is to low 50 mph max,had to make every thing from wireing loom to the rear bumper wheel rack and under floor tank holding cages and im about knackered hope you like.ps thanks for the nice seats campervanannie the kids love them.

some more sorted now.

Last edited:

phillybarbour

Some great work going on there, wish I had your skills it's looking good.

n brown

Forum Member
Blimey Trev, that looks like a bigger job than you'd expect ! getting good results too,like the doors !

Tezza33

Forum Member
It is looking great, love the base vehicle, big square sides, huge payload, the amount of scope it gives is unbelievable, can't wait to see it finished

trevskoda

Forum Member
yes it was a big job to take on and used all the skills i have plus a few more i did not know i had but it is all fun and as they say another string to my bow.
the base van has only 57 thu miles and a big lorry chassis under her but the front iner wings were in need of replacement which i had to get done at a great expence as i had not got a mig welder but all other jobs were down to me.
The countless hours sitting with bits of paper drawings geting it all sorted in my head before i started went on for months before i got stuck in,but hopefully i will get it finished soon before i go mad.
the under slung gas bottle is the next thing to sort when i find out at what angle the fill and float valves should be at.
Removing the back doors and building a frame to fill the hole was tricky to which i cladded with pvc and then covered inside with grp.
when i got her she leaked like a sive as the roof to back panel was not sealed and the chap i got her of had drilled more holes in her that a tea bag all of which i have sorted and soon to be all resprayed down the sides as i have sorted the roof and rear panel so far,where do all the flys come from when spraying ? anyway of to sort out the led lights for inside now and i will post more pics when i get those sorted though i have all the outside running light changed over so no more blown bulbs and less strain on the altanator and batterys.

n brown

Forum Member
that's what i like about doing a self build, the amount of problem solving involved and the satisfaction you get from coming up with answers .then there's the layout,and making the best use of the space -all good stimulation for the brain !

CAL

Big job, great project though. Keep posting updates as it's very interesting. Well done.

trevskoda

Forum Member
re my iveco build,got the head cloth up to day and fitted light which i changed from halogen to led and they have two setting switch which gives low soft light and full white .
What a job doing the h/cloth lay in bed going over how to do,it was a toss up whether to turn van up side down or get a australian to sort it out,then i thought how would mr brown do it,well in the morning i had a brain wave ,so marked roof centre line and nicked the cloth same then spray glued up front centre first and worked out to sides a foot at a time using a new paint roller until i got all the way back then trimmed edges.
After a cup of coffee and a pause i started the lights and all sorted from early morning to tea time,think ill sleep tonight.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Last week i built the kids beds which are under our double,i put sides on theres with openings which look like mouse door holes from a childs book and they think its the bees knees.
I know they will grow so the doors could be enlarged later so to form a double cross bed so thats sorted.Uner the top and bottom beds i have made storage for extra blankets etc which lift in sections.
Above the door was a space to which i plated out with alloy and made a curved face with the same ,covered it with lining cloth strengthened with a angled alloy strip and rivited from the front,this will make a good over door storage unit for umberelas etc.
The flooring is down now and trimmed with alloy at the edges,so my next part will be connecting up gas and the fitting of water tanks and all pipework which as we all know its the fiddly bits that take the longest.
I will post more when i get sorted in a few weeks.

n brown

Forum Member
my wife says im a lick to,how many vans have you did nigel out of interest,and any more picks.
i've lost track of how many vans i've done-there's been loads of them, but i always found them really interesting-a massive pile of problems to solve !
yours is coming on well though,i like the kid-caves-when they're in there with the curtains drawn ,kids love a den .
i suppose all Irish campers have to have an umbrella shelf for the MOT ?

coolasluck

Nice work trev and i so relate to your comments regarding plans and problems.I found that some days i would spend hours figuring things out and not get anything done you always have your good and bad days.I found i was cussing work for getting in the way lol. Often a good night sleep would lead you to wake up with your decision to a problem.I think you should stick some more panels on that roof though:have fun:

trevskoda

Forum Member
Nice work trev and i so relate to your comments regarding plans and problems.I found that some days i would spend hours figuring things out and not get anything done you always have your good and bad days.I found i was cussing work for getting in the way lol. Often a good night sleep would lead you to wake up with your decision to a problem.I think you should stick some more panels on that roof though:have fun:
i have 200w on roof and volt meters only drop a point if on for a long time but when finished i will get a long running test which is the best.

trevskoda

Forum Member
i've lost track of how many vans i've done-there's been loads of them, but i always found them really interesting-a massive pile of problems to solve !
yours is coming on well though,i like the kid-caves-when they're in there with the curtains drawn ,kids love a den .
i suppose all Irish campers have to have an umbrella shelf for the MOT ?

could have required a few brollies this week as its pi--ed down most of it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)