Volvo FL6

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
I've created an internal building site...!!!
IMG-20210808-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210820-WA0003.jpg

wildebus

Forum Member
I would say we are about even David, apart from the one thing that scares the living daylights out of me. Those exposed battery terminals. That could have been frightening. I know (don't ask!).
that would have been an initial check, I am sure (certainly wouldn't have been moving the vehicle at that time!)

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I can’t remember where, but I was taught never to use aluminium near batteries. Aluminium frigates or aircraft I guess. With the newer technologies it’s not so much of a problem. Are you going to heat the tray for cold conditions?

One thing for sure, I need to up my standards?

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
I can’t remember where, but I was taught never to use aluminium near batteries. Aluminium frigates or aircraft I guess. With the newer technologies it’s not so much of a problem. Are you going to heat the tray for cold conditions?

One thing for sure, I need to up my standards?
The whole electrics area will be thermostatically controlled with a 24v dc stat, I have two frost tube heaters to go in and a host of fans/ holes/ tubes etc to aid cooling. The batteries sit in a steel cradle so battery swell should be kept to an absolute minimum.

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
Looks like a great project.
Do you have a Youtube channel or Insta account for the project build?

John & Samantha

We bought a salvage American 5.7 litre V8 Ford RV project in July 2021.
https://vintagervadventures.com/

Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VintageRVAdventures

Hi John/Sam, simple and honest answer, I don't have the time or energy for Youtube. I simply found this site and log what I have done as it helps me keep motivated and to be fair it seems to be populated with some decent characters as opposed to some others sites...!!!! Thanks for your interest though and good luck with your project (Your about to find out about the 'busy' aspect of a project) ......

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)