The classic cheesy 'new owners' piccy

Tookey

Forum Member
Bought our Mitsubishi Delica back in January, still researching upgrades to no interesting pics yet. No idea how I have put the picture on twice, not very tech savvy!

20200123_120518.jpg

Tookey

Forum Member
I think one of you might find that a bit cosy ;)
I know what you are getting at but that's actually one of its winning features with regards to wanting a small camper but one i can stand upright in. I am 6'4 but my head doesn't touch the ceiling and the fixed bed is 6'2 so there is a compromise there but isn't there always when you are working with a tight budget.

Deleted member 4404

Good looking van, be interesting to see your alterations as you do them.
(I've deleted your duplicate pic)

REC

Forum Member
Having a son who is 6'9", he is used to always being too long for beds unless one is custom made! He had our previous van with fixed transverse bed and says it is fine as he always sleeps "bent"!
Love the look of your van, it looks like it has personality!
Love to see inside.;)

Tookey

Forum Member
Having a son who is 6'9", he is used to always being too long for beds unless one is custom made! He had our previous van with fixed transverse bed and says it is fine as he always sleeps "bent"!
Love the look of your van, it looks like it has personality!
Love to see inside.;)
Well I live in Todmorden and you are welcome if passing. I do hope to go on a 'WC' meet up if you get involved with them.

RAW

Forum Member
Well I live in Todmorden and you are welcome if passing. I do hope to go on a 'WC' meet up if you get involved with them.
Hey there @Tookey - Think I saw your MH recently and was wondering what make it was. I live not that far from you in Hebden Bridge, maybe meet up one day. This is mine
MERC.jpg

Tookey

Forum Member
Hey there @Tookey - Think I saw your MH recently and was wondering what make it was. I live not that far from you in Hebden Bridge, maybe meet up one day. This is mine
View attachment 2712
Hebden, brilliant. I will definately will put the kettle once social distancing is done. I work in Health Centers so more for your protection. Looking forward to it. Tidy van you've got there. (y) (y)

• Thank You
Reactions: RAW

RAW

Forum Member
If it was 50 yrds from the bridge and on a bit of waste ground it was mine
Yep sounds about right, would like to see the internals if you are up for meeting one day - When the Covid thing is over with !!

REC

Forum Member
One day, only ever managed one meet many years ago! Photos of inside would be good...

Chilewillie

Forum Member
@Tookey Nice looking rig! I've also recently purchased a JB470 and am loving it!

I have a question I hope you can help me with. I'm thinking to try and hunt down and fit my rig with the stock Delica van L300 grill guard like you have on yours. Because the JB470 is built on the Delica truck ladder frame chassis, and the Delica van has a monocoque frame, I'm trying to find out if the Delica van's stock grill guard installation is a simple 'bolt-on' operation on or if it required modification. Thanks!

Tookey

Forum Member
@Tookey Nice looking rig! I've also recently purchased a JB470 and am loving it!

I have a question I hope you can help me with. I'm thinking to try and hunt down and fit my rig with the stock Delica van L300 grill guard like you have on yours. Because the JB470 is built on the Delica truck ladder frame chassis, and the Delica van has a monocoque frame, I'm trying to find out if the Delica van's stock grill guard installation is a simple 'bolt-on' operation on or if it required modification. Thanks!
I suspect it is 'bolt on' stock same as any L300.

For techy questions the linked forum is good and has an associated FB group that is more active. I know nowt tbh and some of this lot know everything Deli. Do feel free to ask me stuff, don't expect too much though!

Tookey

Forum Member

Mine got a paint job done by the Mrs, you can find piccys on the WC forum

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)