The classic cheesy 'new owners' piccy

Tookey

Forum Member
Some photos if you wanna ask the enthusiasts if it is standard

20210512_154657.jpg

Tookey

Forum Member
Mmmm, sorry, black against black hasn't shown up well. Does yours have the peice of metal between the chassis and the dark black bar? . If yes then I suspect you are good to go with bolt on

Last edited:

Chilewillie

Forum Member
Wow! Thank you so much for the photos! That is exactly the info I needed to investigate it further. I don't see any obvious cuts and welding so it indeed does look like it was bolted on as a stock unit. Now comes the hard part of locating one in my neck of the woods, and getting my hands on it before another Delica owner finds it! 😂

Chilewillie

Forum Member
I've got my rig parked some distance from me at the moment, and won't have a chance to compare to the photos for a few weeks. But if memory serves me correctly, I think it matches up very well to yours in terms of the frame and other components.

Tookey

Forum Member
Wow! Thank you so much for the photos! That is exactly the info I needed to investigate it further. I don't see any obvious cuts and welding so it indeed does look like it was bolted on as a stock unit. Now comes the hard part of locating one in my neck of the woods, and getting my hands on it before another Delica owner finds it! 😂
I was being an 'end of the day' muppet when I took those photos! I can get you a MUCH better photo through the wheel arch if you want

Tookey

Forum Member
If you become a member we can 'private message' rather than boring the other forum users (you will cover the cost through the discounts the forum get on batteries, insurance etc Forum membership has changed since I joined and am not sure whether you automatically become a full member on all 3 forums any more)

There is a Deli meet in Shropshire in July which I am attending, I have no interest in vehicles (I have explained this to them as I have my own agenda and will drop out if an enthusiast wants my place) but if you do have 'grease monkey' tendencies I suspect you could get a lot out of it. Apparently other than the steering column our L300's are the same as the ones that will be at the meet. They bring ramps and tools and basically 'talk n work' Deli for 3 days!

Last edited:

Deleted member 4404

If you become a member we can 'private message' rather than boring the other forum users (you will cover the cost through the discounts the forum get on batteries, insurance etc Forum membership has changed since I joined and am not sure whether you automatically become a full member on all 3 forums any more)

There is a Deli meet in Shropshire in July which I am attending, I have no interest in vehicles (I have explained this to them as I have my own agenda and will drop out if an enthusiast wants my place) but if you do have 'grease monkey' tendencies I suspect you could get a lot out of it. Apparently other than the steering column our L300's are the same as the ones that will be at the meet. They bring ramps and tools and basically 'talk n work' Deli for 3 days!
I have upgraded Chilewillie, so you can now use messages.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)