Split Chargers - B2B & Relays: Which one - or Both?

sjak

Forum Member
The Schaudt dc-dc charger has arrived.
Everything seems to be in order.
Small disadvantage: It came without the connector plug for the D+ and the manual is ofcourse in German.
Could be a bit tricky for the average Brit, but the installation is pretty straightforward by the looks of it.
By the way, is there a D+ connection in the fusebox or somewhere else in my Fiat Ducato?

wildebus

Forum Member
The Schaudt dc-dc charger has arrived.
Everything seems to be in order.
Small disadvantage: It came without the connector plug for the D+ and the manual is ofcourse in German.
Could be a bit tricky for the average Brit, but the installation is pretty straightforward by the looks of it.
By the way, is there a D+ connection in the fusebox or somewhere else in my Fiat Ducato?
The link I posted should give you what you need for the installation I think :)

Don't know where to pick a D+ up from. Depending on the Ducato, you might find something in the Drivers B Pillar? have a search on line for something like "Ducato Converters Socket"

sjak

Forum Member
Thanks Wildebus.
By the way, the link you posted is for the Schaudt wa 121545, by the looks of it a bit more advanced type, but the installation is basically the same I believe. Anyway German is not a big problem for me,:).
But since I intend, for the time being, to keep using the separation relais between the batteries I wonder if I need to put 12v on the D+ input socket of the Schaudt.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)