Solar panel

Brian c

Forum Member
Hi. I have a 150 watt solar panel on roof of Moho If I add another 150 watt panel. Can the cable of the new one be joined to existing solar panel cable before it goes through roof. Saves making another hole Brian

Brian c

Forum Member
Hi. Red dwarf. I see your point. But bike carriers etc are not normally fixed with adhesive. They are normally bolted. Or clamped. So if they can come off. So can a solar panel that is clamped or bolted surely So that would make adhesive better. ..... that’s why my original post asked for info on adhesive items coming adrift Brian

Brian c

Forum Member
Hi the controller is the original factory fitted. But it will be replaced. I was thinking leave cable alone just replace items both ends. being replaced with victron sbs mppt
02785D2A-3F5D-4B74-B6CB-D977B16C3970.jpeg
5A34B04C-677F-4062-BE11-6904D800774B.jpeg

wildebus

Forum Member
You would almost certainly need another Charge controller with the increase from 150W to 300W - and as you said, you are looking at the Victron Smart Solar (y)
The Cable you have there is not bad - maybe 2.5mm2? You could join the two panels in Parallel I think still, but I'd probably got for Series (more voltage, less current into Controller). Either way, no need to run an extra cable or replace what is there.
Controller wise, the 100/20 Smart Solar would be perfect as it support upto 290W (and if you even happened to harvest 300W, the leeway on the controller would still take that no worries.

wildebus

Forum Member
Hi thanks David. Is that the controller I have just bought. Hoping. Brian
HI,
no. it is a B2B that you bought. The solar related item was a SBS unit that you add to a Solar Controller for real-time voltage and temp adjustment.

Brian c

Forum Member
Ok. So I need a controller. Any specials for sale. Or I can wait till restrictions are removed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)