Renault Master Double Swivel Seat

DnK

Forum Member
DnK, my 2005 Master has swivel driver seat on one of those combined safe/seat bases with standard handbrake and it can swivel. Have to move seat back / forwards and tip back rest as far forward as possible to clear the steering wheel but can get there.
Image with seat removed - not a brilliant picture but may help.
View attachment 3501

Yeah have to juggle a bit to get the passenger seat around but will get used to that. From 2010 they must have changed the seat base height because mine wont swivel even with the additional seat height increase of 30mm and where you can find the driver seat swivel for post 2010 the suppliers confirm handbrake modification.

JackieA

Forum Member
will try tomorrow - not sure how easy it might be in situ. Currently changing from the Trafic to a an ex minibus Master with single seats. Once sorted will be selling the Trafic.

JackieA

Forum Member
will try tomorrow - not sure how easy it might be in situ. Currently changing from the Trafic to a an ex minibus Master with single seats. Once sorted will be selling the Trafic.
have measured the position of the bolt holes of the trafic seat - Front to back 15.5" SIDE TO SIDE 24.5"

Reactions: DnK

DnK

Forum Member
have measured the position of the bolt holes of the trafic seat - Front to back 15.5" SIDE TO SIDE 24.5"

Thanks. I'd forgot I had already discarded the possibility of the Traffic one fitting or any other due to the seat base frame shape being angled one end. I have a single swivel seat fitted now and have fitted the camper option handbrake to allow driver seat to swivel. Will post some photos when I have fitted them.

Andrew Mason

Forum Member
DnK,
re: camper option handbrake Renault part no. 8200688671 / Vauxhall Movano 8200727562
- did you take the plunge and buy new at £300ish or find a 2nd hand, or fabricate a copy?
When you post your photos can you advise what is required to fit? From the video looks like possibly top pivot pin out and swap over the lever, or is it complete removal and cable re-adjustment? Thanks.

DnK

Forum Member
DnK,
re: camper option handbrake Renault part no. 8200688671 / Vauxhall Movano 8200727562
- did you take the plunge and buy new at £300ish or find a 2nd hand, or fabricate a copy?
Bought the new part 8200727562 from our local Renault dealer, as brother in trade we got a little discount but not significantly cheaper. They are a bit scarce apparently. Probably why they are taking the pi55 with the cost.
When you post your photos can you advise what is required to fit? From the video looks like possibly top pivot pin out and swap over the lever, or is it complete removal and cable re-adjustment? Thanks.

It's the whole lever assembly and just a 5 min job. This video shows what the new lever does to give the clearance needed.

Check the operation of the standard lever and you'll realise it's not an option to modify a standard one.

Side by side

Original  & Camper side by side.jpg

Camper brake on

Camper virsion in on position.jpg

Camper brake off

Camper Version in off position.jpg

Driver seat swivel not not fitted yet.

DnK

Forum Member
At the end, did you find haw to do that? I have the same problem: cant find double for master2
There is no commercially available double swivel seat solution. Thats why I went for two singles, the sting in the tail being the high cost of the handbrake that allows the drivers seat to swivel.

Cbalfe

Forum Member
Hey DNK,

When you replaced rhe passenger seat with a single seat for the master which seat did you end up getting?

Did you have to change the mounting at all or were you able to find one that bolted into the double seat bolts out of interest?

We have a master as well and would love to swivel either passenger side but ran into similar problems with the double seat.

DnK

Forum Member
Hey DNK,

When you replaced rhe passenger seat with a single seat for the master which seat did you end up getting?

Did you have to change the mounting at all or were you able to find one that bolted into the double seat bolts out of interest?

We have a master as well and would love to swivel either passenger side but ran into similar problems with the double seat.3##
See photo in post #29 I got a LHD driver seat off ebay with the seat base. Because the van is available in LHD or RHD the bolt holes are in the cab to suit single or double seat on either side of the cab. If you want to swivel the driver seat you need to get the special handbrake lever to allow it to swivel see post #28 for part number

Cbalfe

Forum Member
See photo in post #29 I got a LHD driver seat off ebay with the seat base. Because the van is available in LHD or RHD the bolt holes are in the cab to suit single or double seat on either side of the cab. If you want to swivel the driver seat you need to get the special handbrake lever to allow it to swivel see post #28 for part number
Thanks so much for that DNK, is there a specific part number for the LHD driver's seat vs. The RHD one?

I'm having a hard time finding one on ebay at the moment, but it might be as I'm based in aus, but I think we should be able to get it shipped internationally.

DnK

Forum Member
Thanks so much for that DNK, is there a specific part number for the LHD driver's seat vs. The RHD one?

I'm having a hard time finding one on ebay at the moment, but it might be as I'm based in aus, but I think we should be able to get it shipped internationally.
I imagine it will be a different part number you could find it here giving you vehicle details. partsouq.com

Dutch123

Forum Member
I imagine it will be a different part number you could find it here giving you vehicle details. partsouq.com
Hey DnK, can you send me a link to where to purchase the swivel? We've been looking for a solution for over a year now, Kiravans said they might make on in the future but that will take a while since it has to get tested and certificated first etc.

Dutch123

Forum Member
Hey DnK, can you send me a link to where to purchase the swivel? We've been looking for a solution for over a year now, Kiravans said they might make on in the future but that will take a while since it has to get tested and certificated first etc.
Lol, I meant for the double swivel you're reffering to in your feb. 21st post

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)