Picked up my NEW project on Friday...

maingate

Forum Member
I was always a Sunderland supporter first and a Newcastle supporter a close second. There was less ill feeling when I was younger, not like nowadays. If I could not afford to travel to a Sunderland away game, I would go to St james' Park instead. Thousands of fans only went to home games. Sunderland one week and Newcastle the next.

I can see St James' Park from my front door and everyone in the street are Newcastle daft. A couple of the neighbours have never ever spoken to me in 12 years because of that. :p If I see them in the garden, I put my Sunderland top on just to annoy them. :dance:

What has always puzzled me is that Sir Bobby Robson is feted as a Geordie and he comes from a County Durham Pit village. So do I but I am a Makem for some reason. :confused:

AuldTam

I was always a Sunderland supporter first and a Newcastle supporter a close second. There was less ill feeling when I was younger, not like nowadays. If I could not afford to travel to a Sunderland away game, I would go to St james' Park instead. Thousands of fans only went to home games. Sunderland one week and Newcastle the next.

I can see St James' Park from my front door and everyone in the street are Newcastle daft. A couple of the neighbours have never ever spoken to me in 12 years because of that. :p If I see them in the garden, I put my Sunderland top on just to annoy them. :dance:

What has always puzzled me is that Sir Bobby Robson is feted as a Geordie and he comes from a County Durham Pit village. So do I but I am a Makem for some reason. :confused:

Tell me about it...I live in Glasgow! It was a lot worse when I was younger than it is now, if you can believe that.
We all love football in my house...the wife more so than me. I went to a few Newcastle and Sunderland games with my son then my oldest daughter asked if she could come too, she loved it. Now my other daughter wants to come hence the reason for a new 4birth campervan with a proper toilet room. I'm hoping to finish it before the end of the year so they will have to alternate till then.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)