Parker’s van reliability figures

MarkJ

Forum Member
Two possibilities: either so bad didn’t even make top 10, or just not included.

It says it’s the views of the country’s “top 50 leasing companies” so you’d think it would include findings about the Ducato and Iveco.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Personally I always take these and similar figures with a pinch of salt!

And yet again this a broad brush atention grabbing survey that doesn't compare like with like, by which I mean, surely Parkers could have put up one set of results for large panel vans, one for medium sized panel vans and one for small vans........ Surely that wouldn't be too much to ask?

Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
I am surprised with the Sprinters being at #1 most of the time. I was talking to my DPD driver, who had a Sprinter for a couple of years and was constantly breaking down. They would fix one thing and something else would break driving away from the garage (reminded me of my 1982 Austin Ambassador Company Car!). He said everyone at his depot who has a Sprinter hates them and those who were able to chose choose anything but (Masters, Transists, Relays, whatever). He finally managed to dump the Sprinter and has a MAN (the more bigger business version of the new Crafter) and totally loves it.

As an aside, I watched this video the other day and though old Georges comments of Sprinter vs 'Promaster' (and Transit at the end) were quite interesting for converters
Note that it is in the USA, where there are different engine ranges and also when watching, remember when he is saying "Promaster" it is like saying "Sevel" (Relay/Boxer/Ducato)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)