Opinions, please!

REC

Forum Member
Had a swivel single seat fitted today and really disappointed with the look of it. Have sent photos to
supplier who says it is as expected.
Issues are the exposed foam, lopsided rubber and a bulging part in the rubber which I can feel a ? Spring/ metal inside. The other side folds up neatly which is what I thought it should?
Waiting to hear back from supplier as I sent more photos.
IMG_20200821_180500.jpg
IMG_20200821_122616.jpg
IMG_20200821_180156.jpg
IMG_20200821_122721.jpg

trevskoda

Forum Member
I did a better job on my van,used standard seats and swivels i altered from a car so will lock forward and back,those staples look like they came of frankenstines neck.

• Sad
Reactions: REC

REC

Forum Member
It was supplied via vanbiz ( vanseating.co.uk) as a kit and fitted by the local garage (all he had to do was fit seat to the floor) The mechanic pointed it out to me immediately when I collected the van.

wildebus

Forum Member
I don't know if you can point blame at the person if they fitted it badly or if they made the best of a poor quality product (sounds like the latter as the pointed it out to you) but as the customer I think you are right to be unhappy

I would be disappointed if I fitted something that looked like that. I think I would have called the customer first and asked them if they want to go ahead!

REC

Forum Member
Can't see one. Got it from vanseating.co.uk where would the brand name be sited, do you think? . Paid with credit card but the company were so helpful that I would rather they just admitted the fault and sorted it out, so giving them chance to put it right.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
The style of the rivets and rubber surround look like KAB seating, though I expect they all import from China.

Last edited:

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Just had a good look though their website. Interesting section about van conversions. I like the fact they point out that once you have converted your van to a passenger vehicle (motor home) it should be reclassified as M1, M2 or M3. Not private lgv or hgv

wildebus

Forum Member
Just had a good look though their website. Interesting section about van conversions. I like the fact they point out that once you have converted your van to a passenger vehicle (motor home) it should be reclassified as M1, M2 or M3. Not private lgv or hgv
It should. but it never can be.

REC

Forum Member
The style of the rivets and rubber surround look like CAB seating, though I expect they all import from China.
I think so! They were a good price but still shouldn't be defective...think the rubber being distorted by the spring/ metal is the worst bit as it looks like it will break through with use. Still talking to them!

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I have a KAB seat in Betty and it looks like yours, but worse. I just thought it was more coach mechanic buggery again.

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Not heard of them before.

Seems like their target is the "utilitarian" market where appearance is not a key factor (certainly not cheap though having said that!)

REC

Forum Member

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)