My New Website

wildebus

Forum Member
I've had an issue with my on-line store for quite a while where the images were broken, and I just was unable to get them back. I thought it was just a bit annoying until I found out recently that people were under the impression that the store had been abandoned and so were reluctant to use and buy anything from it :(

So I decided to revamp the whole lot - Website as well as the Store! :D

So if anyone cares to have a browse at my all-new Website at https://www.wildebus.com.
Gone British as well and instead of a 'store' I have now got an on-line 'Shop' at https://www.wildebus.com/shop 🇬🇧

There is also a "chat" option on there so if you see anything and I happen to be at my Desk, feel free to ping me. If not there, I'll be notified and can reply later on.

I'd be interested in feedback also (and yes, I know ponys in pajamas have nothing to do with motorhomes, but I like them!)

xsilvergs

Forum Member
That's better, it always seemed a bit off when visiting the old site wiithits broken images.👍

Now, you only need to sort out Ablemail's web site for them 😉

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I will have a good look tomorrow when back in front of a real computer. I’m or rather Anita is working on compiling new pictures and “blurb” to go with them. Over two thousand items we think to go on our new website. Part of a rebranding exercise due to legal problems. Unfortunately we’ve had to pay a man to do the technical stuff. All that https and ssl stuff. We are still going to manually process orders as I hate having money taken before they tell you there is no stock.
I used to like doing my own websites, but the newer software seems much harder to work with.
Thought you’d been quieter than normal. ;)

st3v3

Forum Member
Good stuff.

For a bit of honest feedback, it does seem a little sluggish loading though, where's it hosted?

Could be my end of course!

wildebus

Forum Member
Good stuff.

For a bit of honest feedback, it does seem a little sluggish loading though, where's it hosted?

Could be my end of course!
It is on a shared host so is a bit limited on resources, but I don't find it that bad. Not as fast as major ecommerce sites of course!

xsilvergs

Forum Member
I took a look at Smartsolar MPPT 100/30, does the link to the data sheet display as you'd expect? This is on an Android phone using Google browser.

Screenshot_20210210-074159.jpg

PeteS

Forum Member
Have you transferred login information from your old store to the new one as I cant log in??

wildebus

Forum Member
I took a look at Smartsolar MPPT 100/30, does the link to the data sheet display as you'd expect? This is on an Android phone using Google browser.

View attachment 3449
Hi. Looks like the text is split and the link is repeated. Need to clean that up but the link works as expected. Takes you to a Victron document on the solar controllers.

Update: Fixed now :) Not sure went on there, but that string of words had 4 groups of link to the VE document.
Thanks for letting me know. any more like it or other oddities, please shout!

Last edited:

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Good site but prices. :eek:
Trevor, it's not always about price. Service is priceless. Many of these days "bedroom businesses" just sell. Generally they don't even understand what they are selling.

Dave's the sort of chap that want's to help, so he needs supporting. How many suppliers would talk you though your technical issues? He might even tuck you into bed kiss you good night if you were very lucky. ;)

Very good Dave, I bet you've put some hours into that. Only one criticism, surly your more advanced than a crystal radio set? ;)

wildebus

Forum Member
Trevor, it's not always about price. Service is priceless. Many of these days "bedroom businesses" just sell. Generally they don't even understand what they are selling.

Dave's the sort of chap that want's to help, so he needs supporting. How many suppliers would talk you though your technical issues? He might even tuck you into bed kiss you good night if you were very lucky. ;)

Very good Dave, I bet you've put some hours into that. Only one criticism, surly your more advanced than a crystal radio set? ;)
Like all these things, it took a lot longer than expected! Bit like charging a battery, the last 10% takes longer than the bulk o_O

And when it comes to prices, actually mine are not high at all. Not the cheapest available but as you say , they come with support and advice :geek:

wildebus

Forum Member
I have just added a "Made in Britain" 🇬🇧 Category in the shop, so anyone who likes to support UK Manufacturing can spot those products more easily (y)
(Not that many of them listed so far, but hopefully will find more to include as I complete the listings)

Nabsim

Forum Member
Not tried on phone or ipad yet but everything looks good on Windows laptop on Chrome. Will check with Edge (or whatever the latest is called) next.
Left a comment and asked some questions while I was there.

I didnt know you were getting into cameras as well, just bought one to replace my reversion camera that decided to give up the ghost

Edit: regarding speed of loading, using Chrome everything was as quick as here for me but when I checked with Edge there was a slight delay.

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Not tried on phone or ipad yet but everything looks good on Windows laptop on Chrome. Will check with Edge (or whatever the latest is called) next.
Left a comment and asked some questions while I was there.

I didnt know you were getting into cameras as well, just bought one to replace my reversion camera that decided to give up the ghost

Edit: regarding speed of loading, using Chrome everything was as quick as here for me but when I checked with Edge there was a slight delay.
Your comment is approved :) thanks :D

ref comments, like every other site on the world wide web, as soon as it is found, it get spammed so because of that comments are always initially held in moderation until the author is 'approved', so if anyone comments, they won't see it for a while, at least for the first comment they make. (y)

Nabsim

Forum Member
I know what you mean with comments, I never enabled them on the original site I did for Charlie as I saw what rubbish you can get when I had a play about with one myself lol

Squiffy

Forum Member
I've had an issue with my on-line store for quite a while where the images were broken, and I just was unable to get them back. I thought it was just a bit annoying until I found out recently that people were under the impression that the store had been abandoned and so were reluctant to use and buy anything from it :(

So I decided to revamp the whole lot - Website as well as the Store! :D

So if anyone cares to have a browse at my all-new Website at https://www.wildebus.com.
Gone British as well and instead of a 'store' I have now got an on-line 'Shop' at https://www.wildebus.com/shop 🇬🇧

There is also a "chat" option on there so if you see anything and I happen to be at my Desk, feel free to ping me. If not there, I'll be notified and can reply later on.

I'd be interested in feedback also (and yes, I know ponys in pajamas have nothing to do with motorhomes, but I like them!)
Great site Dave, looks good, I also hope it goes well for you, you definitely try hard to help others and I suspect that we all could do with a boost of good news in the next few months. 😛Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
Thanks Phil.

Now I have just posted this request on Geeky Philips other two forums and will do so here ...

I have added a Testimonials section to the site (at the bottom of the home page) and I would like to populate it, but of course only with genuine reviews.
I am not looking for reviews of the website, but for anyone who I have done any work for, supplied products, provided help (either face-to-face, phone, via email or maybe via the forum) and would like to provide feedback and comments that they would be happy for me to post on the Website that would be great.

If you would like to do this, then send me a PM with your words, the name to assign the review to (if you prefer not to use your full name, then maybe just first name and initial of surname maybe?) and your rating from 1 to 5.
Alternatively you could send me a message via the website Contact page and under "Topic" choose 'Testimonial'
I'll post just as you have written as long as it is clean! (reserve the right for correcting possible speeling mishtakes though ;) )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)