gearing up back axal

Johnnygm7lsi

Brake plates and drums of to s/blaster today ,so epoxy primed the axle and received new 90mm lock nut in post,next i will order wheel cylinders,work never stops here no piece for the wicked.:rolleyes2:

Looking nice Trev

Fazerloz

Have you got it finished yet, and if so did it give you the results you wanted or a whole new set of problems.

trevskoda

Forum Member
No im holding of as have boat jumble on sun 8 april and have just got a new torque wrench which is about 5 feet long of flebay,there norm around £350/£400 but a chap had a new never used one which i won at £90 so new wheel cylinder landed to day £20 for two,iveco wanted £75 each ha ha,so all i want to get now is the socket to put hub nuts on as im going to buy my own one.
So when the weather breaks to sunshine it will be strip down of old axle and springs ,but im going to shotblast the springs and paint before refitting,i like shiny.

maingate

Forum Member
The term is ft/lb (foot/pound). Torque wrenches used to have the various types of setting on them for universal use. maybe they don't these days. I expect you can get online conversion charts.

trevskoda

Forum Member
The term is ft/lb (foot/pound). Torque wrenches used to have the various types of setting on them for universal use. maybe they don't these days. I expect you can get online conversion charts.

H ave it but why convert i know the kg settings,and anyway we are in eu now so kg it is.

listerdiesel

Those backplates look very nice, Trev, seems a shame to get them dirty! :)

I use both Imperial and Metric standards, my CAD mechanical drawings are in Metric, my CAD PCB software is based on a 0.1" grid and most electronic components for PCB's are on the same basis. Some are changing to Metric as the years roll by. Most of our generation can cope with both systems, lbs ft or kg cm.

No backplates on the Mercedes as such, they are discs all round.

Peter

trevskoda

Forum Member
Those backplates look very nice, Trev, seems a shame to get them dirty! :)

I use both Imperial and Metric standards, my CAD mechanical drawings are in Metric, my CAD PCB software is based on a 0.1" grid and most electronic components for PCB's are on the same basis. Some are changing to Metric as the years roll by. Most of our generation can cope with both systems, lbs ft or kg cm.

No backplates on the Mercedes as such, they are discs all round.

Peter

There a richer red than the picy shows,shotblasted 2 pack epoxy then a coat of 2pack polyurathane,i could of had them galved but then you have the trouble of clearing the holes for wheel cyl etc.
I find when you take time to do things right the mot men seem to be more simpathetic ,anyway thats the way things should be done but there not so thats why cars vans fall to bits as there not painted underside from new only the shiny top bit that people see,drives me mad.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)