Floor covering

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

trevskoda

Forum Member
I have wood flooring but stones etc have to be brushed out constant,tried some carpet mats and they shift around a lot.
So this may be my next step,rubber penny floor as in service lifts etc.
penny floor.png

REC

Forum Member
We are having Altro in our van...will use some magic mats or similar for warmth though, especially in the doorway. The dog is going to learn to wipe her feet ;)
( actually, Dave will too!)

Garywrench

I have a couple of vans on the go, Altro for one, but another is a budget build as my ‘bike van’ so just got some cheap vinyl flooring from eBay ... big mistake and would be a nightmare to replace now :(

voyager

Forum Member
I have a couple of vans on the go, Altro for one, but another is a budget build as my ‘bike van’ so just got some cheap vinyl flooring from eBay ... big mistake and would be a nightmare to replace now :(
I got some vinyl samples from ebay and couldn't believe how thin it was so decided to splash out on the Altro knowing it would last a substantial time.

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Just done my bus with heavy duty floor tiles straight over the original bus floor. Went in between the unwin rails as they stood a little proud of the floor, so now its more or less level. Was going to then put a layer of carpet down & use the tiles as an insulation layer but I quite like the look & feel of the tiles now
IMG_20200321_172522.jpg

Forresbroons

Forum Member
We used the cut offs from our house carpets really pleased with the way it has turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    620.1 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    700.1 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0371.JPG
    IMG_0371.JPG
    679.5 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0396.JPG
    IMG_0396.JPG
    773.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_0398.JPG
    IMG_0398.JPG
    732.7 KB · Views: 339

wildebus

Forum Member
Just done my bus with heavy duty floor tiles straight over the original bus floor. Went in between the unwin rails as they stood a little proud of the floor, so now its more or less level. Was going to then put a layer of carpet down & use the tiles as an insulation layer but I quite like the look & feel of the tiles nowView attachment 2205
I like the colour and contrast there :)
what about cold and condensation from the rails? I have the same rails and have thin contract carpet over the floor (and rails) and feel the cold spots.

Greggbear67

Forum Member
I like the colour and contrast there :)
what about cold and condensation from the rails? I have the same rails and have thin contract carpet over the floor (and rails) and feel the cold spots.
Have to see how it goes with them showing I had planned to go over the lot with a layer of carpet to finish it off so I might go with that if the rails feel cold. I still have a lot of these tiles left yet so I could put another layer of them on top now...

wildebus

Forum Member
I was going to get some of the rubber inserts unwin do for the rails (there is one pair of rails that I can use to drop a 3rd seat into for an extra passenger) but they are very pricey :(

Millie Master

Forum Member
No matter how hard we try to keep them clean I am afraid that 12 hairy paws make keeping the floor clean, at times, more than somewhat of a problem which is why the flooring I used is large section, heavy duty, industrial barrier mats that I then cut to shape and fitted.

They don't stain, they normally don't show the dirt and normally they are quite easy to stiff brush clean followed by a quick vac clean with our truly amazingly powerful Black & Decker rechargeable vac............ they are also quite comfortable on our bare feet.

But in the cab, I have kept with the standard heavy duty rubber(ish) floor covering as fitted by Renault as it is so easy to keep clean.

Phil

Greggbear67

Forum Member
I was going to get some of the rubber inserts unwin do for the rails (there is one pair of rails that I can use to drop a 3rd seat into for an extra passenger) but they are very pricey :(

I looked at those too but was put off by the price. In the end we just filled the rails with clear silicone, it stops dirt getting into the rails & will pull out if I ever need to use the rails.

wildebus

Forum Member
I looked at those too but was put off by the price. In the end we just filled the rails with clear silicone, it stops dirt getting into the rails & will pull out if I ever need to use the rails.
Clear Silicone? that's an interesting thought for the living area.
I still use the rails in the "garage" (under bed) with some of the unwin rings you can get to help secure loads and to keep the water bottles in place.

Greggbear67

Forum Member
Beauty of silicone is it will pull back out cleanly if I need to use the rails. Rails under the table etc just fill up with dust & grit etc if not covered, & as I don't carry a vac it was easier to just fill em up!...

Greggbear67

Forum Member
I find mine very cold when wandering around with naked feet.
Mine too but I don't tend to take my socks off very often. Probably gonna end up putting another layer of carpet or something over the lot next just to tidy it up as I don't actually use any of the rails. Thought about just putting a 2ft wide runner down the centre so I could take it outside to clean when needed,don't think the area under the table really needs anything else now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)