Buzzer indications

Squiffy

Forum Member
I have 4 motorcycles, well 3 actually one of them is my wife's 50cc Modena scooter how she rides it I really don't know as it does tops 35mph with a folllowing wind. But she can ride it without a CBT on her car licence 😄 I hate riding it as on straighter roads car drivers are constantly trying to overtake you, quite dangerous, but it's OK for what it's designed for round town. Anyway one of the other bikes a Daelim 125 I've given to my daughter after she had passed her CBT about a month or so ago. While following her around on the Bonni in the countryside and round town I was constantly telling her to cancel her indicators ( Use radio communication for motorcycles 6 rider). Going back 5 years I had a Yamaha 900 Diversion which had a security device on it that started to beep after 20 or 30 seconds reminding you that you were still indicating after turning, this was fairly handy as bike riders will acknowledge very dangerous to continue indicating especially left as anyone coming out of a side road will expect you to turn left and most will pull out right in front of you 😏. None of the bikes owned now by the family have that facility and last week while driving the van with the motorcycle trailer attached I was listening to the indicator warning buzzer that comes with the electrical kit when fitting the tow bar, then a little later the step retraction buzzer again caught my attention and I remember when I fitted the step that I'd bought the buzzer for literally pennies. Then the penny dropped what if I connect a buzzer across the indicator relay just as I had done on the step relay, so I went onto my favourite site last evening and ordered 6 12volt buzzers for £4.99. I'm not sure if the buzzer ampage is going to affect the relay so I might have to wire in 2 buzzers per bike o/s and n/s front indicators I don't know for sure but I'll try one over the relay first and if that works I'll fit one to the Herald,Bonniville,Daelim and the Scooter, they should arrive this afternoon so I'll post the result later if anyone is interested, those with motorcycles that is 😁. Phil

st3v3

Forum Member
I predict the phone call.

Dad, I took the bike out and there was this weird buzzing noise the whole time I was riding, it didn't shut up all day...

🤣

Sounds like a good idea anyway mate.

Squiffy

Forum Member
I predict the phone call.

Dad, I took the bike out and there was this weird buzzing noise the whole time I was riding, it didn't shut up all day...

🤣

Sounds like a good idea anyway mate.
Sounds about right 🤣

xsilvergs

Forum Member
I would tell students to use the white lines as a trigger to cancel indicators, for example, turn left, major to minor, as you cross the white line, cancel your indicator.

Squiffy

Forum Member
I would tell students to use the white lines as a trigger to cancel indicators, for example, turn left, major to minor, as you cross the white line, cancel your indicator.
Your right of course, I've been riding for 50years but still on occasions I forget to cancel the indicators and during a bright day the tell tale light is almost useless on most bikes. The buzzers have arrived and tested on a 12volt battery, loud is how I'd describe them so tomorrow after my dental appointment I'll try one out on the Triumph. Phil

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
The lorrys in london have a voice recording , that would make you turn it off.

Caiution ---- this vehicle is turning left, thata works !.

You could also put a buzzer inside the seat, like they use on phones.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Well successful venture, had to use two o/s & n/s front indicators inside the head lamp unit, tried the relay didn't work, tried pos relay to neg battery and worked while indicating but still carried on buzzing or rather clicking when indicators were cancelled so went for the two buzzer in headlight. I'll now continue on do the other three. Phil

Link for video

Last edited:

Squiffy

Forum Member
Final update the 250 Herald are led indicators ( Had it 5 years and didn't know up until now 😑) so is the wife's 50cc scooter so had to do same as Herald two connected in parallel with o/s & n/s indicators. The Bonniville and Dealim both have filament bulbs so was able to put them across the relays. Phil.

Nabsim

Forum Member
Are they not all self cancelling indicators on bikes these days? Seem to remember Yamaha changing to them during the 70’s and I am sure my last BMW also had self cancelling

Squiffy

Forum Member
Are they not all self cancelling indicators on bikes these days? Seem to remember Yamaha changing to them during the 70’s and I am sure my last BMW also had self cancelling
Very few I think, certainly my Yamaga 900 Diversion didn't, but as I said it had aftermarket security which included a buzzer for the indicators, have to say that I've been to a few bike shows and never been given the sales pitch by any maker about indicators self cancelling. Phil

Nabsim

Forum Member
How strange they took that backward step. My RD’s and all my XS’s all had self cancelling. It cancelled either by turning the bars or after so many seconds. May have been distance not seconds but I am fairly sure it was time linked

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)