Adhesives

helen262

Watching that video, CT1 looks like magic stuff !

I thought the same a few years ago when they were demonstrating it at the NEC and as they had deals at the show I bought 6 tubes after using it on different jobs oround the house and on the motorhom, I threw the last 3 tubes away, at first all seemed to be good, but after a few months most of it was failing and loosing colour.
I feel it is overpriced for what it is, I can buy stuff from B&Q for a couple of quid that is better.

The laird

Forum Member
I thought the same a few years ago when they were demonstrating it at the NEC and as they had deals at the show I bought 6 tubes after using it on different jobs oround the house and on the motorhom, I threw the last 3 tubes away, at first all seemed to be good, but after a few months most of it was failing and loosing colour.
I feel it is overpriced for what it is, I can buy stuff from B&Q for a couple of quid that is better.

Still stiko for me ,years of using it without any hassle so much so when I fitted my solar to the roof it has no bolts to secure the brackets to the roof and three years on it ain't budged one bit ,France,up north down south ,all terrain so there would've been flexing going on.

Deleted member 951

Slightly off topic as it's not an adhesive.

For sealing windows, I quite like the look of Dekaseal, it seems to be very easy to apply and tidy up;

YouTube

n brown

Forum Member
i use Gripfill for all the internal stuff- gluing window frames to the metal sides, units to the walls and floor, battens to the ceiling etc . great glue at £2 a tube. more expensive Stixall for exterior use. fitting out a van i'd expect to use about 3 -4 Gripfill 1-2 Stixall and 2 tubes of non-setting mastic

Deleted member 951

i use Gripfill for all the internal stuff- gluing window frames to the metal sides, units to the walls and floor, battens to the ceiling etc . great glue at £2 a tube. more expensive Stixall for exterior use. fitting out a van i'd expect to use about 3 -4 Gripfill 1-2 Stixall and 2 tubes of non-setting mastic

Which Gripfill do you use Nigel?

Thanks

Mick H

I have run a bead of clear stixall outside to test whether it'll deteriorate over the year, so far it's ok but feels a little more tacky than a week after it was first applied which was 5 months ago.

So my advice is don't use any clear stuff outside!

Phill

Used clear Stixall, on plastic parts, on my motorhome roof, approx 18 months ago. Still in perfect condition.
Also used some on the garden fence, and it's bonded ok, but has a more rubbery feel to it, although I did overpaint it, with fence paint.

n brown

Forum Member
tip ,if you don't know it
put the glue on leaving a couple of bare patches and use hot melt glue on these so they stick the timber in place while the gripfill cures

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
No one using 3M VHB Tape?

Have to be honest, hadn't even crossed my mind but, you're right enough, well worth considering.

[video=youtube_share;S_fM5cqSODc]https://youtu.be/S_fM5cqSODc[/video]

Perhaps not, in my case with the solar panel, as the roof is not flat.

Rae & Ann

Deleted member 951

I've seen prices up to £400 odd a roll for the 3M tape.

Anybody know what the real price should be?

Deleted member 951

By the way WaeWae, just found my tube of CT1, the delivery bloke had left it behind a flower pot.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
By the way WaeWae, just found my tube of CT1, the delivery bloke had left it.

Wob, I would like to inform you that my solar cable just arrived and two lengths have now been soldered to the terminals awaiting my CT1 to arrive, hopefully, tomorrow when I can just plop it on the roof :D :D :D

Rae & Ann

Miduck

Miduck

The best I find is tiger seel it sets like rockard fill holes up in body work and it will pass a test

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
tiger seel

Hello Dave,
I fully intend to use Tiger seal on the plates under the roof as I have decided to use bolts as well. Probably no need but while the roof lining is out it is a fairly easy job.........and there's always peace of mind.

Rae & Ann

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)