3 D Printing Available - Small Components

RAW

Forum Member
Middle Son has invested in a 3-D printer and can print small things, fan covers, boxes for components and so on. Some print examples below:

CATPhone Holder
20200329_094909.jpg20200329_094850.jpg

Below is a Mercedes Badge that he printed for the Steering Wheel in the Van, where one was missing
20200329_095002.jpg

If you want anything doing then get in touch with him lachlann at lachlann.com or contact me
Cheers
Robert

Attachments

• 20200329_094847.jpg
    20200329_094847.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 212

RAW

Forum Member
His 3-D printing is a lot better than my efforts I have to say :D
Think it depends a lot on the Printer you have and also the way it is set up, he could probably help if you need some help. He said he joined a Facebook group that gave him advice on bed-levelling and some other factors to help sort out why some his prints were not working properly.

RAW

Forum Member
Here's the latest creation
It's a bracket to hold 3 12V Components which are being mounted at the rear of the Van for access through rear doors
12V Socket for Air Pump and other Kit
USB Fast Charge with Voltmeter for any kit that could be charged in the back this way whilst travelling
Switch to turn it on / off
IMG_20200429_121320.jpg
IMG_20200429_121312.jpg

wildebus

Forum Member
That is really well done. considering your son is fairly new to 3D printing, he really has the knack for it (y)

I may well have a little project for him on a item I currently have to buy and adapt for a specific kit ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: RAW

RAW

Forum Member
I may well have a little project for him on a item I currently have to buy and adapt for a specific kit
Sure, he will be able to do most things and has skills about how best to print the item for the greatest strength. Print bed is not huge though so depends on size of what you want printing but best bet is contact him direct at lachlann at lachlann dot com when you are ready. At present only have blue and green printing filament.

RAW

Forum Member
small parts - could probably print 10 at a time if he wanted (but have to be cosmetically good!)
Best bet is just drop him an email with what you want doing and he could maybe print a couple of test ones and I could post them off to you to see if suitable

RAW

Forum Member
Son wanted to know if your home is on the image on the Contact Form on your website, moi aussi - Looks amazing :)

st3v3

Forum Member
I put this on MH a while ago, but thought it worth a mention here as another demonstration of a practical use.

It's been a year since we've been using a temporary bit of wood to lock the door from inside so I thought I'd better do something about it. Fitting the lock into the frame I had to cut some space to turn it.

1.jpg

So left with ugly cuts and exposed cables I drew and 3d printed this:

2.jpg

To fit the hole like this:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks neater :)

Also, we can now lock and unlock inside and outside independently which is useful when she takes boy to bed and I'm still sat around the fire drinking lol.

Nabsim

Forum Member
I notice in dash pics your Sprinter has vanes missing in the air vents, has he tried printing them?

RAW

Forum Member
I notice in dash pics your Sprinter has vanes missing in the air vents, has he tried printing them?
Good point and no, not yet. Don't have the right colour. Maybe he could try but on some of the vanes the part where they slot in on the rest of the module has also been broken off in the past somehow. :cry:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)