WildeSquirrell safety Socket.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Finally got one Dave, I'll wire it up this afternoon if time allows.

IMG_0258[1].JPG

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Looks good :) Are you having two lights so you can see live but reversed as well?

I was at an Electrical Factors last week and while there asked the guy if he had any 16A Clear sockets. "Never seen them. Why would you want one of those?" was the reply.
When I explained why, I think he did see it could be handy :D

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Look closely Dave there is a red splodge beside the green one.
There not as bright as I'd like, but that's neon's for you.
Message me your address and I'll send one to you.

wildebus

Forum Member
Look closely Dave there is a red splodge beside the green one.
There not as bright as I'd like, but that's neon's for you.
Message me your address and I'll send one to you.
I saw something red pointing down but didn't realise it was a light :)
You could put a little sticker by the lights, internal spray of the housing and then remove sticker. Normal looking socket with waterproof window showing polarity status :geek:

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
How, you switch the mains in of before connecting up and flick the switch to get green light if required, then on with the mains unit.
You connect your hookup cable to the supply first. Then when you go to plug it into your motor home you will be illuminated as to whether it’s safe to do so.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Yes thats how mine works,green led for ok & red for requiring switched.
No Trevor, it does not need to be connected to your motor home or anything else other than the supply.

As you can see, due to the amount of mess. No room on my desk for a Motorhome. So waiting patiently to be plugged in and still working.

IMG_0260[1].JPG

trevskoda

Forum Member
No Trevor, it does not need to be connected to your motor home or anything else other than the supply.

As you can see, due to the amount of mess. No room on my desk for a Motorhome. So waiting patiently to be plugged in and still working.

View attachment 3111
Im talking about my built in unit,yes your one is good but then you require a swap cable to sort it out,i just flick a switch.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Being able to use your safety device to test the socket polarity before connecting struck me as such a good idea that I wanted one. Not being as comfortable with electricity as you and Dave are I came up with this, no innovation but works.20201022_154951.jpg20201022_154814.jpg20201022_154619.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)