What do others do with this space above the cab?

linkshouse

Forum Member
BEB5D77C-FE8A-49CC-8A0A-B317C7A1196C.jpeg

We tend to stuff coats and random detritus in there but I cant help but think it could be put to better use.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
As Anita and I are not vertically challenged, we have a lot of spare room over the drivers seat. I think it's begging for a storage box.

Millie Master

Forum Member
My H2 Renault Master above cab area is fully blanked off from the habitation area, wall to wall to ensure the appearance follows the rest of the vans oak effect area and then centrally I have fitted a wide door. Inside this amazingly useful cavity we store all the cab windows nightime insulation screens (both internal and external, an additional king sized bed fleece, various heavy duty coats etc. etc., it is one of the most valuable storage areas in our van.

Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
As Anita and I are not vertically challenged, we have a lot of spare room over the drivers seat. I think it's begging for a storage box.
The VW LTs, Crafters and Mercedes Sprinters don't have anything between the cab seats and the high roof, and when I had a Master MM (which I think is also known as an L2 H2) that storage area above the head was handy).

So I had a similar thought with my LT.... first tried with a carpet stretched across where a shelf would go. Kept head butting it :( Decided it was a bad idea and actually when the seats are rotated, having the cab roof matching the habitation roof is actually nice and it keeps all all together visually.
(on the Ducato there is the cutout section in the centre which you pull a bed frame over if you want to use the bed and leave open otherwise and I think that is a good compromise between openess and maximising space utilisation).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)