Victron blue

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
So I haven't got a second battery. So 100ah lipo off member and I need 2 or 300ah for van, so it's sat in the box scine
New idea battery powerj ump start box plug and go.

Van should have 300 to 400 watts of solar on roof to charge
Do I need victron bkue 50/100 = 50 amp
My question is how meany blue tooth battery managed apps are need 2021 now thebluetooth smart shunt is out and can go with the
50amp Solor charger £260.00 or change to none bluetooth one now ?
500amp smart shunt .£125.00
Both victron blue

Last edited:

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
For the van build that's underway, electric not started. Victron new shunt comes with Bluetooth @ £125. .will. do I need a Bluetooth solar control er 100\50 @ £265.
1b what Extra beifits when both connected @ £400.
5 year thing
Lipo setting.

wildebus

Forum Member
For the van build that's underway, electric not started. Victron new shunt comes with Bluetooth @ £125. .will. do I need a Bluetooth solar control er 100\50 @ £265.
1b what Extra beifits when both connected @ £400.
5 year thing
Lipo setting.
I would definately and without a doubt choose the SmartSolar (w/BT) version over the BlueSolar (without BT). The flexibility with configuration and monitoring is 100% worth the extra £30 or so. It also allows you to get the latest firmware from Victron for the devices to take advantage of new features and bug fixes (I never sell the non-Bluetooth kit personally).
You can create a "smart network" between the SmartShunt and MPPT. Benefits for just the two is not massive but means you are getting a bit of future-proofing maybe if you grow your setup.
Also, you are pricing up the 100/50 MPPT Controller - If you don't intend to go past the 300-400W of PV panels, you won't need the 100/50. The 100/30 Controller supports upto 440W of Panels (and I have a 100/30 on my Camper with 460W of PV fitted just fine). Going down to the /30 model will save you around £80 or so.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)