Seat belt

Johnnewis

Forum Member
Hey, new to all this. I have a 2016 relay, going to turn it into a day van for the fam bam. I was looking to put the front double seat in the back for kids and put a single swivel seat in the front. Is there a over the shoulder seat belt I can get that will attach to seat when I move it as I will need 2 seat belts in the back. Cheers in advance

wildebus

Forum Member
Hey, new to all this. I have a 2016 relay, going to turn it into a day van for the fam bam. I was looking to put the front double seat in the back for kids and put a single swivel seat in the front. Is there a over the shoulder seat belt I can get that will attach to seat when I move it as I will need 2 seat belts in the back. Cheers in advance
What you might find right are the type of seatbelts used on Minibus seats. The following pictures are from the seats that were fitted on the bus I converted last time...

1663244231744.png

1663244251958.png

1663244271808.png

These belts were made by a company called "Safetex".
You might find some on ebay? you might need to buy the complete seat from someone taking out the seats for a conversion. Minibus seats are generally worthless second-hand, but the mounts to the floor and the seatbelts on them have some value.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Same in my van, remember you must fit regulation under plates with high tensile bolts if a tin floor, wood they dont test, but do fit outriggers for safety, mine go around the heavy chassis, as for the swivel, I used ford ones and cut the excess mounts of and rebuilt them with a locking grove for rear facing at the table when stopped.
table seats.jpg
forward from beds.jpg
table seats.jpg
forward from beds.jpg
kearny a.jpg
kearny b.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)