Renault Master/Vauxhall Movano back door handle, beware!

Millie Master

Forum Member
A few weeks ago when I was working on the locking mechanism of the back barn doors on my 2008 Renault Master I came across something which really surprised me!

After first taking off the the O/S lower door trim which hides the lock mechanism I was very surprised to find a lot of water and more importantly rust on the location of the 3rd locating screw of the outside back door handle, however there was absolutely no sign of the rust from the outside!
The outside door handle has 2 locating screws at one end of it (and they were in perfect condition and just a single screw at the other end and on mine, this screw was so badly corroded that the plastic body of the door handle broke the instant I tried to unscrew it :mad:.
The reason for the ingress of water was that the handle was not seating properly onto the outside of the door panel.

I have now bought a new handle, but before I get around to fitting it, I will have to attack the rust and if required I will have to make a new section of metal to strengthen what is almost like a finger of the rear door skin, to which this 3rd screw attaches to.................. And when fitting the new handle, I will also bed it thoroughly onto some Stixall.

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)