New face -Tall Paul! 😁👍🏼

Tall Paul

Forum Member
Hi all, I’m looking for a base vehicle to start my journey here in Mansfield. Like many others I suspect, I’ve been looking and wishing for a while - now the stars have aligned and I’m ready to take the plunge.
At 6’4, with a daughter of similar height, I’m looking at Luton low loaders to give both height and room for two separate sleep areas (over cab plus fold out near back) with easy access. Off grid capability is important and as I’m approaching 60, good heating! Sadly limited to 3.5t as rode bikes for many years.
If anyone can help point me in the right direction on anything that would be fab.
Look forward to meeting folks and always open to ideas.
😁👍🏼

Last edited:

Darcar

Forum Member
Hi Paul, & welcome.

I’ve always thought the Renault master Low Loader is a very nice van at 3.5 ton. & if I was restricted to that weight it would have been the one I’d have chosen..

In my opinion & Unfortunately there really isn’t much to choose between the van manufacturers these Days! it’s just, finding the right van at the right price!
simple haha 😝 good luck with your search. 👍

Tall Paul

Forum Member
Hi Darren, many thanks and good to hear a vote for the Renault Master low loader - we’ll see what comes up! 🔎
Had a quick look at your fab Mercedes - in the late 80s a mate drove one of these huge vans, which he found easy to overload if memory serves?!

Darcar

Forum Member
Hi Darren, many thanks and good to hear a vote for the Renault Master low loader - we’ll see what comes up! 🔎
Had a quick look at your fab Mercedes - in the late 80s a mate drove one of these huge vans, which he found easy to overload if memory serves?
hi Paul.
yes the old Mercedes t1 & t2’s are quite massive vans & have a large following, but I’m afraid that they rust like billyo & of corse the emissions are making them difficult to use.
we sold our old Mercedes Vario in march last year & have spent the last 9/10 months building our new truck.
Luckly I passed my test long enough ago to get grandfather rights to drive up to 7.5ton truck.. so we chose a iveco daily 72/180c which is rated at 7.5ton.
we have just finished that build and are in the process of planning our trips away this year 👍😃.

Tall Paul

Forum Member
Oh yes I see the 2018 tags - are there pics of the new Iveco truck? I do p/t parcel deliveries and saw a couple of Overlanders recently… impressive beasts, and reminded me of a neighbour who had a Forward Control. Bit envious of 7.5t options…

However 3.5t will do me if people can manage in cars!

Where are you off to this year? I have a lot to do in the UK but hoping to get somewhere warmer next Winter. 🌞 🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)