Lightweight board/ply

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I want to do a few improvements to the van, is there a source in West Yorkshire for cheap board or maybe offcuts?

Or even a similar coloured Ply as I don't need much a 1/4 or 1.2 board would be plenty.

Happy to collect if you have any spare in your way.

This colour

1676822730131.png

trevskoda

Forum Member
You can get a plastic which to all looks the same as wood, many boatbuilders use it as no damp effect, even curves and shaps can be got, seen it on the net years back but dont ask who or where, but it is out there, should have been a poet me, feck all use at anything else.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Some places like that here, just wont sell to Joe blogs, fibre flooring springs to mind when I was rebuilding my van, ended up using marine ply clothed in GRP by me.

Last edited:

MatijaSever

Forum Member
I want to do a few improvements to the van, is there a source in West Yorkshire for cheap board or maybe offcuts?

Or even a similar coloured Ply as I don't need much a 1/4 or 1.2 board would be plenty.

Happy to collect if you have any spare in your way.

This colour

View attachment 5692
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you have a pretty good plan for your van project. You might be able to find what you need at a local lumber yard. They often have offcuts and will cut down any board you buy to size. It's worth asking around to compare prices and find the best deal. Good luck with your project!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)