Just to think I had seen it all !!!

Millie Master

Forum Member
On one of the FaceBook groups I sometimes look at I saw this (er-hum) amazing roof lining and yes the poster of it was serious about it as he had bought new galvanised sheeting, treated it with acid, then neutralised it before applying 3 coats of satin varnish.

And I thought I had seen most things!!

1675238621683.png

Squiffy

Forum Member
On one of the FaceBook groups I sometimes look at I saw this (er-hum) amazing roof lining and yes the poster of it was serious about it as he had bought new galvanised sheeting, treated it with acid, then neutralised it before applying 3 coats of satin varnish.

And I thought I had seen most things!!

View attachment 5686
I'd suspect that with the purchase of the sheet and chemicals plus paint it would have cost less to use ply or tongue and groove. What an odd way to go about it, could sort of understand if he had the galvanised sheets hanging around spare. Phil.

Red Dwarf

Forum Member
Taste is a very personal thing, I’m sure many out there wouldn’t like what I’ve done with my van....
That said, I’m not sure that steel would be my choice of interior lining. I’m thinking condensation might be an issue, then there’s the living with a very hard surface. Also I suppose could get cold or hot?
On the plus side. It’s not going to damage easily, easy to attach anything with magnets(!) and it’d certainly be a talking point!
I’d be interested to see the finished van.
I’m old school, I like using wood for all the obvious reasons.

mistericeman

Forum Member
Taste is a very personal thing, I’m sure many out there wouldn’t like what I’ve done with my van....
That said, I’m not sure that steel would be my choice of interior lining. I’m thinking condensation might be an issue, then there’s the living with a very hard surface. Also I suppose could get cold or hot?
On the plus side. It’s not going to damage easily, easy to attach anything with magnets(!) and it’d certainly be a talking point!
I’d be interested to see the finished van.
I’m old school, I like using wood for all the obvious reasons.
Spot on ....

Though it looks like there's plenty of insulation behind it so condensation shouldn't be an issue ...
I like it and makes a nice change from the usual bland finishes that a lot of folks seem to immediately reach for .

Duckato

Forum Member
I saw that post, I don't know why the poor guy even bothered

It's in a yank van and the guy lives in the Southern states so no real condensation issues! his entire build is quite innovative and he probably does not have the same weight restriction most builders over here have.

Unfortunately most of the spoonfeds on FB taking the piss out of it were UK based and typically had not read his previous replies because obviously that would require a degree of concentration and common sense, sadly spoonfeds lack that in spades!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)