Gas Combi Boilers, who's got one...???

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
Ok, I fitted one many years ago on my library conversion but got told recently there not permitted by law anymore. I've done a bit of research but nothing is coming up. Who has one on here..??? (Shhhhhh.....!!!! I'm fitting one regardless....)

DnK

Forum Member
We have a Truma combi in the Moho and I'm thinking I might install one in my Renault Master PVC currently in progress. Here's a guy thats done one Combi install

Update - Don't think I will be fitting one £1350 ouch!

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
I'm wondering if the question was about installing a Motorhome type of Combi heater, like those Truma ones which are pretty common, or a Domestic/Home Gas Combi Boiler, which is a bit different!
(I can't imagine anyone saying with any knowledge that a Truma Combi is not permitted any more??)

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
I'm wondering if the question was about installing a Motorhome type of Combi heater, like those Truma ones which are pretty common, or a Domestic/Home Gas Combi Boiler, which is a bit different!
(I can't imagine anyone saying with any knowledge that a Truma Combi is not permitted any more??)
Your quite correct sir, indeed it was aimed at domestic type combi boilers. The one I fitted was a simple function 'demand & supply' with jets swopped for propane. I'm going for a really good shower setup and also hot water feed to washing machine ( all savings on AC inverter loadings being applied wherever).

Squiffy

Forum Member
Your quite correct sir, indeed it was aimed at domestic type combi boilers. The one I fitted was a simple function 'demand & supply' with jets swopped for propane. I'm going for a really good shower setup and also hot water feed to washing machine ( all savings on AC inverter loadings being applied wherever).
Sounds like your converting a 40ton artic trailer Moto, 😄. Phil

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Not far off at 18ton downplated to 13ton and registered as a motorhome, kerb weight sits around 9.5ton but i will add at least 2ton with the conversion. She a big old girl...!!! Plan is to live on board full time and off-grid where possible.
Now this would have been a build to share with us.

MOTOsapien

Forum Member
Now this would have been a build to share with us.
It will be shared, I'm refurbishing it in full including full solar to white goods electrical install. At present it's getting a sleeper pod put on the cab roof, raised lounge floor level, rear double bed above garage and a rear tailgate full hinged door fitted. These are the big bits which look like the project has lept forward but in reality it's the small detail that takes forever with little appreciative acknowledgment. I'll post pics with my progress as and when what with work and current times......

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
It will be shared, I'm refurbishing it in full including full solar to white goods electrical install. At present it's getting a sleeper pod put on the cab roof, raised lounge floor level, rear double bed above garage and a rear tailgate full hinged door fitted. These are the big bits which look like the project has lept forward but in reality it's the small detail that takes forever with little appreciative acknowledgment. I'll post pics with my progress as and when what with work and current times......
The demolishing and the infrastructure is important. In my mind makeup washes off.

wildebus

Forum Member
Well, as far as I am concerned it is the little details that are usually the most important and the ones I like to read about and understand most :)
So please share that as well (y)

n brown

Forum Member
just to reiterate, unless the law's changed , there are no rules for people fitting gas appliances to their own vehicles . which means of course , that common sense must be involved

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
I've got one. Never got round to finishing it........need to drill a hole in the roof.

DSCN5216.JPG

Rae

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)