Foam for pull out bed

voyager

Forum Member
Hi,
Apologies if this has been covered before but what recommendations do you have for foam to be used on a campervan settee/pull out bed. I am looking for something up to 6" thick and needs to be both comfortable for sitting on and for sleeping.
Any recommended supplier would be appreciated
Thanks

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
When I refitted my 608 I used HM Foam in Calne. I asked for Coach seat grade foam. As the seats converted into beds. They told me I would find the foam too firm for a bed, I insisted that's what I wanted. Even though the 608 is long gone, some of that foam is in use today. The made up double bed in the back was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.
My foam slabs were only 4 inches thick, the same grade foam will feel softer at 6 inches.
Don't be tempted to use chopped foam, even though it may feel firmer it falls apart in a short time.

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
when I got foam done for my VW T5 conversion I got a sandwich combo - firmer on one side than the other, so one side was for sitting on and the other for sleeping on. and when time to make bed, you would just turn the cushions over.

weefish

Forum Member
Depends how much you are being quoted but I bought an Ikea Malfors and took the foam out and cut it into 6 pieces with a bread knife. Got them covered professionally though, that was beyond me and the only job outsourced.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)