Emovis/Liber-T tag location on a Relay

MarkJ

Forum Member
I've just received a new Emovis (Liber-T) tag for France next week. We had one on our old van but always found it a bit hit and miss.

Now we have a Relay, wondered if anyone with a Relay/Ducato/Boxer has found where it works best, or where not to put it. We have the 'reflective windscreen' option, which I'm pretty sure is what Emovis are calling 'athermic'.

Thanks

Squiffy

Forum Member
Doesn't help you Mark I know but we avoid motorways like they contain the plague especially in France as the main public roads all seem to be duplicated by peage motorways and the time saved using them in the majority of times is negligible. The times we have used them we found that paying by card to be easy. 😊. Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
Doesn't help you Mark I know but we avoid motorways like they contain the plague especially in France as the main public roads all seem to be duplicated by peage motorways and the time saved using them in the majority of times is negligible. The times we have used them we found that paying by card to be easy. 😊. Phil

I will second your thoughts Phil, I used to live there and only very rarely ever used the damnably expensive autoroutes that also gobbled far more fuel than the other excellent roads!

We always found that even if we were in a hurry the amount of time we ever saved by using an Autoroute just wasn't cost effective and FURTHERMORE you see far, far more of the oft gorgeous France by using the 'D' & 'N' roads, it also allows you to see where so many must stop at Aires are located.

Phil

MarkJ

Forum Member
Well... I appreciate your views and to some extent share them - but sometimes you do just want to get there!

Our next trip has been cut a bit short due to unavoidable conflicts, so we want to just get down to the South as quick as we can, and enjoy things down there rather than meander.

Millie Master

Forum Member
Well... I appreciate your views and to some extent share them - but sometimes you do just want to get there!

Our next trip has been cut a bit short due to unavoidable conflicts, so we want to just get down to the South as quick as we can, and enjoy things down there rather than meander.
I can understand that the first part of your North to South journey is almost moronically boring until you reach the central Loire areas, but from then on you should be in virtually guaranteed good weather and the scenery is almost always out of this world and so worth seeing. There are several D & N roads going almost due South which afford you the luxury of sight seeing whilst also being able crack on.

Oh and lastly, by not using the autoroute you will be not using enywhere near as much fuel, let alone the quite high toll road charges!

Phil

MarkJ

Forum Member
Agree re the first bit! We've done that so many times....

We're going to the Annecy area this time (via the Tunnel) so it's more east than we've been before. It's 8 hours via tolls and 11.5 hours avoiding tolls, which for us would probably mean an extra night each way. Hence the autoroutes.

MarkJ

Forum Member
I'm hoping Meteo France is wrong, but it's saying that it's likely to be wet anywhere in France between about the 16th and the 23rd....

Right on the south coast might be OK.

I think I'll use a different forecast - La Chaine Meteo is a bit better :)

HTF

Forum Member
A late response but the correct place to stick the electronic tags is on the shaded area around the rear view mirror. This area of the windscreen is not treated with the 'athermic' coating ;)

MarkJ

Forum Member
A late response but the correct place to stick the electronic tags is on the shaded area around the rear view mirror.
Yes, but our van has the rain and automatic headlight detectors there, and no mirror. So there's virtually no shaded area left.

I found a spot where the tag is half or maybe one third in the shaded area and it seems to work. Just back from 1,800 miles in France, loads of tolls and no problems with the tag.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)