Chinese heater test

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Hi pissed again. Van gets too hot if Chinese diesel heater is run through out night by 4 am temp in van is well over 27 degrees but set at 17 degree's and wakes me up but need it toto not melt inside heater if turned off and fan not running as you know they over run when u use switch/ digital display.

Chinese diesel heater over heating if turned off when runnig at night / day or battery has insurnithicate power = less than 12 volts / hot turn off. So fan stops as well

If I put 1 or two 4 m/f capacitors on fans live feed , Will they power fan when disconnected = switched off ? ?????
as I've got a old propex themostat switch. = on / off

My thinking is radio in car works for some time after the keys are removed . How do they do that ?

Capacitors ,!.

Last edited:

JIXAMAN

Forum Member
With you on that one, its a catch 22, on or off it can be either too hot or cold, ah just keep the temp down to like 17, we have the skylight cracked open a bit and the temp is fine, it works for us.

If during the night I need it turned off or on I have the red remote beside the bed so I dont need to move, that shuts down the unit without stopping the fan, it does a proper shutdown.

I suppose if I lost power then I probably loose the heater, tbh I never thought of it as I cant see how I would loose all power.

As to the how to keep it running, dunno but methinks maybe something down the powerbank route? At work I have a Power Walker power supply that senses when the power is off and it keeps me runing for a bit and even shuts down the PC on its own when it cant go on any longer. Ahm sure someone with Arduino knowledge could work that out but I am surprised its either not been done already or no one is trying to make it work...

The capacitor thing sounds just too simple but probably would work, think the balance of size of capacitor v discharge time under load would be the factor and would probably need a regulator of some sort, dunno, not my field, anyway, good luck...

mistericeman

Forum Member
If you want efficient temp control ...on a Chinese clone and don't want the expense of fitting a genuine eberspacher that controls the temp via a proper thermostat and the attached fuel/electric savings ...

Then Google 'Afterburner controller' and see if your clone heater is compatable ...
It's about the only pfaff free way of getting efficient control of clone versions ...

Ironically genuine eberspacher heaters only need 12v supply on/off via pretty much any method to start/stop rather than the clones version of Thyristor start/stop .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)