Camper van water system

Nabsim

Forum Member
Electric May be adjustable but you would need to check the immersion itself. They normally come preset at 60/65 I think, mine can be adjusted but I don’t know if that’s typical or not. My calorifier has automatic mixer valve on outlet so hotter the water in the tank the further it goes, that was my thinking but I don’t know if gas heaters have the mixer valve

wildebus

Forum Member
Electric May be adjustable but you would need to check the immersion itself. They normally come preset at 60/65 I think, mine can be adjusted but I don’t know if that’s typical or not. My calorifier has automatic mixer valve on outlet so hotter the water in the tank the further it goes, that was my thinking but I don’t know if gas heaters have the mixer valve
With your calorifier, have you noticed if it has any effect on the engine temp and the cab heater when running?
Curious as I had an HVAC system in my T5 Shuttle. Not a water heater, but the same principle with a heat exchanger fed by the engine coolant system and in the T5 case used to heat the rear of the van (there was quite a fancy air distribution system with roof-mounted adjustable vents to all the rear seats).

Shortly after I bought the T5 went on a drive and it was a VERY cold day. Decided to put the HVAC on to warm the whole van (all open plan interior) and the system took so much heat out the coolant the engine couldn't get warm enough to push hot air out the cab vents. I think one issue maybe was the feed and return pipes ran all the way from engine bay to rear underneath so heat lost that way for one?

Nabsim

Forum Member
I haven’t noticed any difference in speed engine warms up or vent temperatures David. Now normally I wouldn’t have been able to answer this but I have currently disconnected the calorifier from the loop and everything vehicle wise seems the same. It’s been cold as well so probably a good time to test that.

I also have a heat exchanger setup in the hab area that well scavenge heat from engine coolant. Took me a while to get my head around what everything was for and how it was supposed to work.

Cab heater on my van is sufficient to heat the full Moho when driving so I am thinking I may rejig this bit. Can’t see why I shouldn’t be able to rejig the ventilation pipework and then heat water with my diesel air heater, would be very similar to how Bobil do it. I think it’s bigger ducting for the exchanger vents but that’s not a show stopper. It’s awkward for me to work where all this stuff is though as it’s under the French bed. If I dismantle the bed frame I can just about manage but then it’s only something I could do when at the house which isn’t often or usually long enough either.

MatijaSever

Forum Member
Tony your plan is definitely workable,https://telegrambetting.club/telegram-sports-betting/ I've done many a plumbing job on motorhomes and campervans and looking at your plan it is a workable solution to how you require it to work if that's what you require. https://www.viberate.com/tools-for-independent-musicians/playlist-pitching/ The comments I've made were meant to be helpful obviously I mis understand your post. Phil
It sometimes takes a few back and forths to understand a plan and I appreciate your input. I'm sure with your experience you have a few ideas on how to make this plan even better. Let's keep the conversation going and keep brainstorming!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)