budget build

n brown

Forum Member
that's twice the table got a mention ! it's a really easy thing to make. the pattern's called Tumbling Blocks and you can make it using a sawbench ,chopsaw and sander, but better with a planer/thicknesser

Lee

I need a lesson from the master.
I've probably got enough wood to make one if I only new how.

n brown

Forum Member
ok . pay attention now ! cut and plane some strips of wood of 3 different colours , mine were about 35mm wide, 5mm thick . set the chopsaw to 30 degrees . make first cut, then set the length guide so the next cut creates a perfect diamond shape. now you can cut a few at a time, cut loads ! glue them to a bit of 12or15mm ply,whatever, then once you've covered enough of the ply, use your Festo plunge saw to cut your top out, then frame it with a mitred edging strip.
easy mac peasy !

oldish hippy

Forum Member
mr b supplement your income making table top made to measure and the can be made to drop over the top of existing tables if yoou need a agent then itake 1 per cent of the price and supply you with the donuts think that should cover the cost of them

Lee

ok . pay attention now ! cut and plane some strips of wood of 3 different colours , mine were about 35mm wide, 5mm thick . set the chopsaw to 30 degrees . make first cut, then set the length guide so the next cut creates a perfect diamond shape. now you can cut a few at a time, cut loads ! glue them to a bit of 12or15mm ply,whatever, then once you've covered enough of the ply, use your Festo plunge saw to cut your top out, then frame it with a mitred edging strip.
easy mac peasy !

Now I've had the masters instructions I will have a go at it.
Thanks for the information.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)