Whilst isolating due to age -mine not the van

JackieA

Forum Member
Wondering about removing the carpet tiles and replacing with a piece of cushion floor vinyl. Managed a final three nights last week on Camping & Caravan Club sites {was possible to be remote as didn't need to shop and could walk out into remote countryside) but using a fan heater during the very early morning activated a reaction to dust mites. Dust will always be an issue with two Bedlingtons sharing the accommodation. Would appreciate comments re the idea. Mind you the chances of being able to buy any will be slim to zero

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Seems a sensible plan. maybe even cut the vinyl to size and just drop on top of the tiles after a good vacuum to provide additional insulation, using the tiles as an underlay?

Nabsim

Forum Member
We only have vinyl/cushion floor whatever it is then have some small mats in places. Find that a lot better with the two dogs. We dont have to worry if we come back wet and muddy, we can get warm and dry before having to clean up

wildebus

Forum Member
Wondering about removing the carpet tiles and replacing with a piece of cushion floor vinyl. Managed a final three nights last week on Camping & Caravan Club sites {was possible to be remote as didn't need to shop and could walk out into remote countryside) but using a fan heater during the very early morning activated a reaction to dust mites. Dust will always be an issue with two Bedlingtons sharing the accommodation. Would appreciate comments re the idea. Mind you the chances of being able to buy any will be slim to zero
Ref the fan heater .... get yourself a little mini-oil radiator. Virtually silent (occasional crackling), and much more of a gentle even heat. pretty cheap from places like Argos or Amazon.

Millie Master

Forum Member
I built my entire 'Millie' project around the space needs of my beloved Spaniels of which we have 3.

As for the floor, well I laid a 12mm thick marine ply floor over batons which were laid over 25mm thick Cellotex, then treated the entire marine ply floor to 3 coats of satin varnish. Finally on top of that I laid some vinyl cushion floor tiles which I spray glue stuck down and then finally on top of that I bought some large size heavy duty industrial barrier mats which I cut to fit/size.

This flooring has proved to be amazingly resistant to everything that has been quite literally thrown at it, including only 2 weeks ago when we last away, when 'Ollie' decided to up-chuck several times over the weekend all over the floor but it all cleaned up oh so easily and with not a single stain to be seen or smell to be noticed!

Phil

oh and ps. The entire contents of a bottle of red wine was spilt on it last year which was cleaned up in next to no time with not a single mark left.
3dogsspecialcuddles.jpg

JackieA

Forum Member
Thanks everyone. Have done a degree of rearranging and repainting of woodwork. Habitation area was stripped out - the rock & roll bed was a bit of a faff as live alone. Managed by dismantling it completely so that parts could be removed individually. Inner woodwork repainted and vinyl laid over the underlay wth strategic pieces of hardboard between to support the feet of the bed. Took the opportunity to anchor the bed better - it does not have seat belts so could insert threaded nuts in the timber floor and use bolts. Rebuilding the bed was reminiscent of working under cars in my former life but managed after whispered profanities related to locating threads on bolts. Barn doors allowed me to slide along the vinyl on my back.
Also added a high level tray for storage with access from front or via the barn doors.
van vinyl 1.jpg
van vinyl 2.jpg

trevskoda

Forum Member
The rubber button floor covering found in shop lifts would be a good job if a suppler could be found.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)