What jobs did you do on your van today?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

wildebus

Forum Member
Back in May had a slight disagreement with an ivy-covered wall and cracked up my indicator and scraped the wheel arch :(
Not fixed the wheel arch yet (though no rust on the metal. Guessing the wing must be galvanized?) but finally after 5 months bought a new pair of indicator lenses and fitted one yesterday.
Two new ones were £30. Singles were £25 each or so and so made sense to get a pair, especially if the new ones looked a bit different compared to ones that have been in the elements for 15+ years.

PS. The lighting design on the LT is amazing. It takes literally under 10 seconds to remove the indicator lens from the vehicle and with no tools involved! The Headlights are more tricky though :(. They take nearly a minute to get off ;)

Lord Lucan

Fitted the extendable fold up bed....
IMG-20191010-WA0017.jpeg
IMG-20191010-WA0023.jpeg

Lord Lucan

Cheers... I'm just making the bed extension which will fold away with the bed.
This will allow my motorbike to be carried.

Lord Lucan

Can of grey primer.

2 coats of gloss. Job done...

Im on a tight budget..

wildebus

Forum Member
You are not allowed to carry a motorbike in it if reg as a motorhome,it must be reg as a living van.
Nah, just put the bed down when going for the MOT and it will be MOTed as a Motor Caravan.
Won't get reclassified as a Motor Caravan anyway nowadays so really doesn't matter on the road

trevskoda

Forum Member
Nah, just put the bed down when going for the MOT and it will be MOTed as a Motor Caravan.
Won't get reclassified as a Motor Caravan anyway nowadays so really doesn't matter on the road
Here you are tested as in log book,we cannot get ins for a van unless you can show books as biz use,so convert and get log book changed then no prob with ins.

trevskoda

Forum Member
So if i bought a tested van in ingerland and brought home how would that work,sus id have to have an english address though,:rolleyes: pack of cununts here always getting ripped of and we are brittish,second class springs to mind.:mad:

wildebus

Forum Member
So if i bought a tested van in ingerland and brought home how would that work,sus id have to have an english address though,:rolleyes: pack of cununts here always getting ripped of and we are brittish,second class springs to mind.:mad:
In this link - https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot - at the bottom it says "There are different rules and processes in Northern Ireland for MOTs for vehicles registered in Northern Ireland."
So presumably not just kept in NI, but Registered in NI. (I bet there are plenty of company cars that are all registered at a company HQ address but kept all over the shop within the UK by the employees using them).
Nothing to do with the style of Plate either - you can put an NI number plate on any UK vehicle (I bought one for a Peugeot 405 back in the 90's)

A bit old, but I see this article - https://www.speedyreg.co.uk/blogs/2010/05/how-to-register-a-gb-mainland-vehicle-in-northern-ireland/ . If you had two addresses (one NI, one GB), then no doubt you could register in either - neither can demand you register in a specific one as it is all UK - and if registered in GB, you follow GB rules, not NI rules I would expect.

Pugwash69

Forum Member
The step for the bed was causing problems. I had made it extending to try to help, but decided the just raise the floor instead. It's not like I'm short of headroom! Work in progress...
20191019_164050.jpg

Bouydog

Forum Member
Finally a long enough gap in the rain to get my solar panels fitted 930 watts, now I can finish the roof and get on to wiring the controller etc. It was cold up there this morning.
AA7EC346-5F67-4D51-AFBA-97B3D0DD613B.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)