Want a cheap selfbuild?

ellisboy

Thats a tight budget ,even tighter if you spend £15.99 on his book!! :lol-061:

tiderus

Admit it. you were up all night working on that one.:raofl:

No not really Hextal, the voices told me to say it!

Me carer don't agree, she says if I spent more time listening to them.

Instead of playing on here. I might, just might get out of here a little sooner.

I actually like it here, in front of the fire, by the locked fire escape.

With me telescope under me arm.

The man in a white coat will do his rounds soon.

I keep telling him not to talk to Lord Nelson like that.

But does he listen. No, so ive complained to Churchill next to me.

Rgd's Graham. :wave:

hextal

Thats not you doing all the wailing next door is it??

If it is, i'm planning to make a break for it tonight. Larry the transgender giraffe is in on it.

When you hear the elephant, make for the door.

We'll meet up at the spaceship...

Good luck....

Last edited by a moderator:

Firefox

I think it's misleading of them to imply the average person can build a van for 1k including the cost of the van.

I guess you can get lucky, and the right van and bits will fall your way almost for free, but then again you may get lucky and win the lottery :lol-053:

I think the 1k figure is more to do with selling their book than any practical sum. I hope too many people don't get taken in by this and run out of funds!

tiderus

Thats not you doing all the wailing next door is it??

If it is, i'm planning to make a break for it tonight. Larry the transgender giraffe is in on it.

When you hear the elephant, make for the door.

We'll meet up at the spaceship...

Good luck....

SPACE SHIP! Bloody space ship?

Is that what it is?

Iv'e just spent half an hour looking for the three wise men with me telescope

Don't trust them space ships.

I'm going with me mate on the other side, him with the bird droppings on his head, and the crook.

Said he's got room for another two in the boat, something about new species?

I think he named his boat after a welder!

Called it Ark or something.

tiderus

Hi Maingate.

You must admit, its better to have a bit of fun on here.

Than hear about someone resenting a man trying to earn a better living.

For him and his family, By advertising quite correctly on his own web site.

If I were him, I'd milk it for all it is worth.

That's called, business accumin?

I rest me case milord.

maingate

Forum Member
You may have noticed that I did not get involved in the argument you mention.

Personally, I do not hold Phil responsible for the Holocaust, at least I will give him the benefit of the doubt. That is because I have met him and he seems a nice lad. A few years working down the pit might have rounded him off a bit but hey, you can't have everything. :)

As for yourself tiddleymouse, get down to the Doctors in the morning for a checkup. It might be something as simple as having too many fizzy drinks that make you hyper but I think it might be creeping insanity. :(

Don't be too hard on yourself, I have never met anyone who is perfect. I tell a lie, I forgot about JohnH.

Oh yes, stop sucking your thumb. :mad1:

n brown

Forum Member
i could do this,and probably have more than once when i bought vans for 200 quid,but i go to boot sales every weekend i can,and buy mastics,screws,foam rubber,hinges,all those things that add up to a shock bought new,as i've mentioned before i bought a caravan for 200 smackeroonies that had 2 skylights,a propex,4 suitable windows,water pump water heater,sink 2 burner and grill,fridge etc etc-a full set of stuff in fact, i also break up big pallets and run the timber through a planer thicknesser then bench saw for all my framing and moulding. i also have a lorra tools which enable me to join,weld,wire,plumb,grind,drill,shape just about anything. add to that years and years of experience and anyone can do it !

ellisboy

I agree with Mr Brown,a cheap caravan can provide you with nearly everything for an interior and there's plenty of cheap vans around.

shawbags

I think it's misleading of them to imply the average person can build a van for 1k including the cost of the van.

I guess you can get lucky, and the right van and bits will fall your way almost for free, but then again you may get lucky and win the lottery :lol-053:

I think the 1k figure is more to do with selling their book than any practical sum. I hope too many people don't get taken in by this and run out of funds!

Yes a cheap van would be the aswer,the LDV PILOT is a good economical van i have owned three over the years,i bought one for 125 quid and got it through the MOT for very little money,droped in a cooker and sink,a bed and a portable three way fridge and away i went,kept the van for three years,then i left it on the drive for one year,charged the battery started first time,again MOT'D it for a few quid and away i went again but how often are we that lucky.
Things to watch out for on the LDV PILOT,steering box play(they are an absolute nightmare to replace as they rust into the chassie),king pins common problem,head gasket at around 100'000 miles but can go on for many more miles without fault and then just general rust (check the side door runner).
40MPG on a run with ease at a steadt 60MPH,reasonably comfortuble to drive and not over noisy,find a good un and look after it and it will run for many miles and be cheap to maintain,all the best ,Shawbags.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)