Video of my 1280 watt solar panel install.

MarkJ

Forum Member
I watched the video and saw the bit about raising them 150m off the roof. I guess this is mostly to make room for actuators in the future but you did mention it also allowing some light into the roof lights. Just wondered how much gets in?

Admin

Administrator
I watched the video and saw the bit about raising them 150m off the roof. I guess this is mostly to make room for actuators in the future but you did mention it also allowing some light into the roof lights. Just wondered how much gets in?

For the roof lights on the side quite a bit, for the center one not so much. But I can open them to the first notch and let air in the van.

wildebus

Forum Member
For the roof lights on the side quite a bit, for the center one not so much. But I can open them to the first notch and let air in the van.
Phil, those bifacial Solar Panels could be handy in that kind of situation possibly as they allow some light to pass through with the intention to bounce back on the undersurface for extra harvesting.
Wouldn't get as much extra harvesting but more light in? (you could also generate solar from the light spill out the roof light when the lights were on - perpetual energy :) )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)