van panels

Brett

hi all any body know where i can get them black panels that cover up where windows were got my ldv [i said i would never have one of these again ]the out side of the van wants some love i want to cover up the panels that have been rivited on plus some work on the paint can you buy them all the bestist

Millie Master

Forum Member
If I can understand what you are saying, your van used to have side windows and they have been replaced with some kind of metal sheet which has been pop riveted into place and you don't like the look of the finished job??
If that is the case, then why not buy yourself a large tub of filler, fill the entire area before flatting back.
Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
I don't know if it would work on your van (depends on availability and recess shape) but a popular option in the VW Transporter world was to fit dummy bonded window glass where the original side panels were still intact metal. This was typically to match the front panels where glass was fitted but the same thing would work to hide damaged/poor condition panels and could be cheaper than farming out any bodywork if not planning/able to do it yourself?

Brett

thank you for the advice yes the windows have been took out and a metal sheet put in place the rivets stand out so cant really cover then sand back on one side but might work on the other i dont think it would be easy to get the right size windows wildebus but once again thank you i was thinking the black panels you see on some motorhomes/campers would be the easy way

trevskoda

Forum Member
Paint them black,nout wrong with rivets,worked well on spitfire wings and it could dive at almost 500mph,cannot see your van going that fast.(y)

Silver sprinter

Forum Member
If it's raised head pops, you could always put countersink self sealing pops in, depending on the finish inside, then as phil says in the first reply

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)