Van or maxi van

MarkJ

Forum Member
I’m trying to find out exactly what the differences are between Fiat/Peugeot van vs maxi van. I know the maxi chassis is for the heavier duty vans, but the 3.5t L3H2 seems to be available in both varieties. Are there any subtle differences? Payload on the maxi 3.5t is marginally worse, so does it have tougher suspension or something which weighs more?

Thanks

MarkJ

Forum Member
Sorry not answering your question, but if I were you I would go for the L4 version.
Phil
Interesting. Is that hard-won experience? Just that we want to keep to 6m if we can so it's a bit nimble. Are you saying the extra 300mm is really worthwhile?

wildebus

Forum Member
Interesting. Is that hard-won experience? Just that we want to keep to 6m if we can so it's a bit nimble. Are you saying the extra 300mm is really worthwhile?
I know it is a different van, but as an example, the VW T5 comes in two lengths - SWB and LWB.
The difference in overall length is 300mm. The real difference in a campervan layout between the two when there is a bed laid out is that extra 300mm actually gives you TWICE the floor space.
Go Large!

GEOFF

With the L3H2 Ducato the bodies are the same, but the Maxi is 3500kg, has 16" wheels (not 15") and has extended rubber? side trims.Geoff.

Millie Master

Forum Member

As Dave suggests, length is everything when it comes to making a truly user friendly camper and as some of the fairer sex will also say "never mind the length, let's feel the width"!
In this context when it a combination of useable space, then without any shadow of doubt the very best and most useable modern day panel vans for useable iterior space is the L4 version of the truly amazingly capacious almost vertically sided Sevel built range of vans............ and that comes from a die hard Renault Master fan!!

Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)