Upgrading tyres

Squiffy

Forum Member
My 16" rims are factory fit, it being the XLWB, but changing rims for looks needs careful consideration and research. For myself I am not overly keen on Alloys and much prefer Steel wheels. :)
Same here Debs mine is also xlwb and I prefer steel wheels for strength and reliability of seal around the rims as, every car I have owned has always had a problem associated with aluminium wheels with tyres slowly deflating because of the poor seal around the rims, unless I stand over the tyre fitter and ensure they clean the rims thoroughly as they never do the job correctly , they slap plenty of rim soap/sealant on and hope you don't come back 😡. To give the wheels a high end look I have some Fiat based alloy looking wheel trims that are so good its difficult to tell the difference from a few meters away 😄. Phil

20200303_114458.jpg

Millie Master

Forum Member
My 16" rims are factory fit, it being the XLWB, but changing rims for looks needs careful consideration and research. For myself I am not overly keen on Alloys and much prefer Steel wheels. :)

Now your talking, steel wheels are so much easier to maintain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)